Comcast is revamping its image to the consumer and is looking for a professional with 10+ years of experience to lead the efforts in Pennsylvania. The position calls for an understanding of upper management communication and how to network with influential media outlets traditional and digital to create campaigns. Apply here.
Mid-West Family Broadcasting Sales Department is always accepting resumes for a position as an outside salesperson on our team. If you are the right fit for our company, we are ready to offer you a position with our company.
Job duties: Include prospecting, sales, service and collections with new advertising customers. The successful candidate will have strong listening and presenting skills, advanced writing skills, superior relationship-building skills, and the ability to generate creative ideas for our customers. Outside sales experience is a plus. Midwest Family Broadcasting offers a strong program of initial training, followed by ongoing training and in-field coaching.
Studio Operations Technician
an opening for a Studio Operations Technician (primarily morning shift but will
be asked to work other shifts as needed).Must be able to communicate clear
instructions to talent from Control Room during in-house and on-location
productions. Have the ability to stand for long periods of time (3+ hours),
throughout entire newscasts or productions.
and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions
(this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain
proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust
fixtures as needed
microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances
Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology
including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air
Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned
Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control,
audio and TD)
editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions
Ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary
Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Integrated Account Executive
Broadcasting - Radio - TV
WVEC, a TEGNA Company, has
an exciting opportunity for an Integrated
Account Executive to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales
team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and
entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and
providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms,
including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products.
This in-demand position requires an energetic
and strategic entrepreneur who will champion WVEC in the local market. As an Integrated Account Executive, you’ll
use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with business
and you’ll have the opportunity to sell a broad set of solutions from our
extensive market-leading portfolio, such as:
ABC affiliate (WVEC)
Search Engine Marketing
Advertising (Banner Advertising)
Web Presence Optimization,
including services for, Organic Search (SEO), Social Media
Marketing and Reputation
A wide range of business
services, including Analytics
WVEC is seeking an enterprising storyteller to produce content over multiple platforms, i.e. TV, web and social media. The Multi-media Photojournalist must have strong photojournalism skills with a commitment to lighting, sequencing and use of sound. Qualified candidates will be expected to develop digital content daily and must have strong social media presence and engagement. WVEC Multi-media Photojournalists must be able to produce stories individually as well as a team. Qualified candidates must be able to shoot, write, and edit a variety of stories under deadline, as well as be a team player with strong communication skills.
Contact sources and develop stories.
Attend editorial meetings, actively participate in discussions and pitch story ideas.
Must be able to set up, shoot, write and edit stories daily.
Must have strong production and non-linear editing skills, experience with EDIUS is a plus.
Must be able to, or will be trained to, operate ENG and Live cellular units for live remotes.
SNG experience a plus.
WVEC is in search of talented college students looking for enriching paid internship opportunities. Come join WVEC, the ABC affiliate in the Norfolk/Hampton Roads market and a division of TEGNA, for our 2016 Intern Program.
As part of the WVEC team, you will develop, integrate and apply various learnings in support of our Production, News and Marketing Departments. This program offers mentoring from those at the top of their game, networking and real world experience in a fun, entrepreneurial like atmosphere. As part of our team, you will work on meaningful and impactful projects as well as connect with other interns and engage in professional development activities supplemental to the job. Come join us!
Applicants should be well versed in local, national and world events. They should also be self-starters with strong computer and writing skills.
Must be a junior or senior enrolled college student for credit pursuing a Bachelor's degree with minimum 3.0 GPA
Must be well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
Must possess excellent communication skills
Previous professional experience in news gathering required. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to operate TV news field cameras and videotape editing systems. Experience with AVID editing required. Candidate must be beyond the basics in shooting skills. Must have strong news judgment and writing skills; ability to shoot, write and edit a news story; ability to deliver the news story from the field or the news desk. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently. Must have a clean driving record. Driving record will be checked.
We seek a motivated journalist to create dynamic online stories for thousands of hourly visitors to KOB’s digital platforms. KOB.com has become the online leader for breaking news in New Mexico. We seek a news writer who can maintain our level of immediacy and accuracy with attention to detail. The ideal candidate should be able to look outside the box of a typical story and seek interactive ways to help readers understand the subject. Journalism degree preferred. Understanding of basic journalism, story writing and proper attribution required. Must be available to work weekend and weekday shifts as necessary. Must have a clean driving record. Driving record will be checked.
Location: Rochester, New York
Posting Date: March 8, 2016
Posting Time Frame: 20 Business Days
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS affiliate, is looking for an experienced News Anchor/Reporter. This individual will present news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. Collects, analyzes, and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information via research, interviews, and experience; attends political, news, sports, social, and other functions.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Pitches stories to News Managers and Producers, which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms; edits video clips as assigned.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed to represent a comprehensive and/or exclusive description of all duties/responsibilities and requites skills associated with the position.
Sr. Web Producer
Must know and perform (as needed) all of the Web Producers’ duties. Responsible for all aspects of the station’s web sites, including but not limited to:
Generation and maintenance of news content
Production of text, photos and videos, streaming of newscasts and live news events
Monitoring the web site for quality control purposes
Production of special sections including news, advertising and special interest content
• Supervises the team of Web Producers, including the delegation of work assignments, scheduling and performance evaluations
• Works with the Web Sales Manager to generate and maintain sponsored online content, works with National Sales and Editorial team to manage all production/quality aspects of the station’s web site
• Conceptualizes and produces high profile creative online material
• Facilitates the editorial gathering of compelling web material using information from various sources and contacts
• Works with newsroom editorial managers to integrate broadcast and online newsgathering to facilitate the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Ensures websites are coded to standards consistent with web style
• Advanced knowledge of internet publishing and graphic design software and content management systems
• Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work under pressure as a cohesive member of a team
• Interface with Editorial managers and supervisors from the Broadcasting side of newsroom to create a cohesive working atmosphere, managing the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Work effectively and courteously with all other departments.
• Must be creative, concise, and attentive to detail, be able to handle deadline pressure, take direction from producers and adapt quickly to emerging Web technologies and social media.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant News Director and/or the News Director.
• Occasionally sets up, adjusts, controls, tests and operates station equipment to meet position requirements
• Constantly uses verbal, audible, and visual abilities to perform essential functions. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Regularly receives and distributes information and instruction, via telephone, e-mail and memo, to station personnel or outside organizations
• Regularly moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements
• Sits for extended period of time in order to accomplish essential duties
• Regularly operates PC to complete required graphics, reports and documentation. Requires fine motor skills
• Work varied hours, holidays and weekends, as required
• Attend and participate in any company training seminars, meetings or other attendance required events
• Comply with all Station and Department policies, procedures and guidelines