Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga is seeking a part-time Production Assistant.
- Preparation for and execution of live newscasts, including but not limited to:
- Teleprompter operation
- Studio and set preparation
- Studio maintenance
- Tape editing for newscasts
- Audio switching
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in TV or related field is preferred
- Training will be provided
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga needs a driven, energetic and creative full-time Assignment Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts and on digital/social platforms
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
- Partnering with other members of the leadership team on strategy and marketing of news products
- Direct supervision of select staff members
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of one (1) year of assignment desk experience or equivalent
- A commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong sense of organization and time management
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is preferred
This is a full-time salaried position and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Radio Talk Producer
WPR is seeking an early-career producer with a passion for live radio to contribute to our afternoon drive program, Central Time. You will pitch topics, pre-interview and schedule guests, direct on-air, and write engaging online content for WPR.org.
Requires: An avid information consumer with eclectic interests, collaboration, writing, communication and organizational skills, and a minimum of one year of experience with talk show production or directly transferable experience. Details: https://www.wpr.org/talk-producer-afternoon. Betsy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg radio has a rare opportunity for a motivated, hardworking Part Time Technical Producer to join its 24/7 global radio network. This position enables you to work side by side with producers and talent across multiple countries and continents inventing rare content for our global audience. This opening is not for a button pusher but rather a standout colleague that can contribute to all aspects of LIVE show production.
This person will demonstrate a creative approach to tasks, have an enthusiastic work ethic and be willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Strong multitasking skills are a requirement.
You will be able to:
-Running an audio console during live and pre-taped programming.
-Process and file various feeds and audio reports
-Route audio and monitor radio networks
-Check the functionality of studio equipment daily
-Assist talent and producers during live programming
-Monitor commercial logs and make up missed spots
-Other production duties as assigned
You need to have:
-3-5 years of recent and relevant Major Market Radio Experience
-Digital audio editing Experience (Adobe Audio preferred)
-General knowledge of automation, and radio newsroom software
-Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays-Knowledge of ISDN, and IP based audio codes
-General computer and networking knowledge
-Experience working with Microsoft Office
-Strong leadership, multitask and interpersonal skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a fast-pace, 24-hour news station serving our audience across the globe and require a team of collaborative, self-sufficient problem solvers who are willing and able to jump into breaking-news situations, work under pressure, and do what it takes to get the job done.
The production artist will have expert Photoshop knowledge to create modern, elegant and intelligent news graphics for pre-production, post-production and live broadcasts. In collaboration with producers, writers, and other designers, the right candidate will primarily create a variety of newscast graphics, including lower thirds, set designs, maps, and full screen graphics on a daily basis.
This production designer will also create promotional items, and other cross-platform applications, while contributing to maintenance of overall network appearance standards. Special projects that require animation and brand design skills are also within the scope of this role. Should the candidate demonstrate the ability to meet production demands and show superb design sensibility, there is potential for the production role to grow to include more creative graphic design responsibilities.
*This is a contract role for the overnights/ weekend position
Needs to have:
- A keen eye for sophisticated news and info graphics
- A solid understanding of branding
-Ability to follow procedures
-1-2 + years of Broadcast Design experience
Would love to see:
-Adobe After Effects
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You could be Wisconsin Public Television’s next Video Promotion Manager - a key strategic leader of the communications & engagement team! This position is responsible for the creation and curation of various video assets that support WPT’s mission, audience development priorities, station image, and priorities. Requires: 7 or more years of professional video production experience; Hands-on writing and video/audio editing experience; Proven leadership skills to coach, supervise, influence and evaluate the work of others. Details: https://wpt.org/AboutWPT/Employment/video-promotions-manager. Betsy.email@example.com
WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging individual who can connect with an audience on all platforms and is a team player. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease.
If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
- Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
- Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
- Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
- Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
- Appear on camera as required for all platforms
- Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
- Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
- Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of MMJ experience
- Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WDSE•WRPT in Duluth, MN seeks an experienced individual for the next Content and Production Manager.
WDSE•WRPT is a significant producer of original television and online content for local, regional and national distribution. This position is responsible for leading, developing and executing program and content strategies and initiatives that position WDSE•WRPT as a significant, impactful, and trusted institution. It leverages multi-platform capabilities and content creation that are community/regionally focused. Primary responsibility is for leading cross-functional teams responsible for program delivery, content creation for multiple platforms, project management, audience development, revenue generation, and evaluation to fulfill the strategic objectives of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Manages and directs WDSE•WRPT television programming schedules, content placement, content acquisition and creation, and distribution plan for all WDSE•WRPT media platforms and properties.
- Responsible for assessing, responding through program and content selection and delivery, and documentation of community problems and interests required by Federal Communications Commission.
- Provides editorial leadership and direction, ensuring that content is on-brand, diverse and inclusive of all audiences, consistent in quality, highest journalistic integrity and standards, and optimized for maximum user experience across platforms.
- Participates as part of the executive management team to establish strategic direction and ensure programming supports the organizational goals and mission.
- Develops WDSE•WRPT’s content creation and distribution platforms vision to support strategic direction and audience development.
- Manages broadcast and production departments.
- Manages relationships with national and local affiliates (PBS, NPR, NETA, etc.).
- Uses audience data and analytic tools to evaluate and create content and programming.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, contracts, and project development.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Directly supervises a production staff with an additional staff through subordinate supervisors.
- Plans, assigns and approves work of production staff.
- Responsible for hiring, training and termination of production staff.
- Responds to employee concerns.
- Prepares and signs performance reviews with salary adjustment recommendations.
- Represents WDSE•WRPT as a responsible, informed ambassador locally and nationally.
- Continually engaged in self-education and professionally provided training.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
WDSE•WRPT is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/s28jl.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg Media is looking for an Executive Assistant to work with and support the Global Chief Commercial Officer. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, are highly proactive, organized, adept at multi-tasking and juggling shifting priorities, we would love to speak to you.
You will be responsible for handling calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging for travel, handling expenses, scheduling high-level meetings, and managing all administrative logistics and aspects related to this role, including all office management duties. You should maintain effective lines of communication, keeping the Global Chief Commercial Officer fully informed of all critical issues, but be able to think quickly and make decisions. You will be proactive, organized, and detail oriented. You will be able to create a strong network throughout Bloomberg. You should be comfortable interacting at senior levels, both internally and externally, and should be able to uphold utmost confidentiality in all matters.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Resourceful and proactive team player
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Conceptualize, write, videotape, and edit promotional announcements, commercials for station clients, and public service announcements for television and digital and social mediums. To create on-line ads for web and mobile. To strategically place news and programming promotion on daily broadcast schedules as to reach optimum numbers and kinds of viewers attracted to the programs on our station.
• Work with clients and account executives to produce commercials and digital advertising
• Work with news, news director & creative services director to produce topical & image branded news promotion for on air and digital mediums
• Work with programming manager to produce local shows, and episodic promotion for syndicated programming
• Work with Art Director to create graphics and animations
• Work with marketing manager to produce public services announcements & station sponsored event promotion & contests
• Work with research manager and creative services director to affectively place promotion on logs so as to maximize reach and frequency goals for news and brand image promotion
• Operate professional and commercial cameras
• Use computers and editing software affectively
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires basic experience in editing software such as Final Cut, Avid , or Adobe products: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Knowledge of video cameras like Sony XDcam,
• Knowledge of DSLR cameras is not required but is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to conceptualize and generate creative copy and visual elements
• Willingness to self-train and seek new techniques of editing and photography
• Ability to be flexible, switch gears and re-organize quickly in a rapidly changing (news) environment
• Ability to work in teams
• Knowledge in use of Steadicam Scout and Steadicam Merlin not required but a plus
Requires physical dexterity in shoulders, wrists, hips and legs
Must have the ability to shoulder mount and carry a 13lb camera for long periods of time
Must be able to lift and carry 30-pounds of equipment over long distances and up and down stairs
INTERNAL CONTACTS - News, sales, engineering and traffic departments
EXTERNAL CONTACTS - Commercial clients, advertising agencies, non-profit organizations
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Email your resume & links to your video portfolio to email@example.com
WQAD-TV is located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL 61265
Applications without portfolios will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will be required to take a creative writing test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
WQAD-TV is owned and operated by Tribune Media.