Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our Global Technology team leads the way in breaking news about the companies that are changing the world and the people who run them. We're seeking a talented, aggressive and creative reporter to join our award-winning team of reporters covering social media companies in San Francisco.
Who we're looking for:
You're an experienced, agile reporter with a deep knowledge of the technology industry and its most important companies and executives, especially Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and their upstart rivals. You have an eye for the stories no one else is telling on a high-profile beat, and know how to break news, write on deadline, and spot fresh takes on emerging trends. You can write with authority about the ways in which the biggest tech companies offer their services for free and yet extract a significant price in the form of personal data, a dynamic that customers and regulators often don't fully understand and may not be comfortable with. You’re versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms, including the web, Bloomberg terminal and Businessweek magazine. You are also able to react quickly and write clearly and crisply on the most pressing news of the day, be it the latest data leak, regulatory challenges, a plummeting or soaring stock, a management overhaul or a transformative acquisition. You're the type of reporter who has a knack for finding scoops and quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on that news to keep our readers a step ahead of the market. You feel equally comfortable writing quick-turnaround stories that will serve our everyday customers as you do carefully researching and crafting complex, long-form narratives and investigative projects that bring new ideas to light and have a strong and lasting impact. You work well as part of a reporting squad, and your top priority is contributing to the overall success of the team.
We'll trust you to:
-Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
-Write original, feature-length stories about social media and digital advertising, the companies and culture at the center of the technology industry, and the forces that are reshaping the industry
-Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
-Collaborate with reporters and editors on the Global Technology team and others across teams and regions
-Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn
You'll need to have:
-Minimum of three years of business and financial journalism experience
-Strong knowledge of and interest in technology and social media companies
-A solid track record of breaking news and a portfolio of long-form investigative features
-Experience working in a real-time news environment
-The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for a team member to join an already dynamic team. Do you have a thirst to go the extra mile to deliver great product? If so, we are interested in speaking to you about this opportunity.
- Edit accurate & compelling video
- Operate non-linear editing equipment
- Successfully meet multiple daily deadlines
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in editing
- Experience with non-linear editing equipment
- Journalistic knowledge to match appropriate video with the script
- Effective communication skills with Producers & other news staff
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience is preferred
Dexterity to operate keyboard & mouse for editing. The ability to hear and react quickly to director’s cues. The ability to review and edit quality stories.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Reporters, producers, photographers and management General public
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume and tape to Andy McKay, Assistant News Director, WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061. This may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 50 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 77 million households, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 54 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV, and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Join the WQAD Creative Services team. We have state-of-the art equipment which includes, Steady-cam, DSLR with stabilizer and multiple lenses, multiple Sony professional XD 320 camcorders, 3 go-pros with gimbles, 2 dji Osmos, multiple drones and the latest Adobe Cloud software. Additionally, we offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401k, etc.
You will get to conceptualize, write, videotape, and edit promotional announcements, commercials for station clients, and public service announcements for television and digital and social mediums. To create on-line ads for web and mobile. To strategically place news and programming promotion on daily broadcast schedules as to reach optimum numbers and kinds of viewers attracted to the programs on our station. This is not an entry level position, requires 3-5 years of experience.
• Work with clients and account executives to produce commercials and digital advertising
• Work with news, news director & creative services director to produce topical & image branded news promotion for on air and digital mediums
• Work with programming manager to produce local shows, and episodic promotion for syndicated programming
• Work with Art Director to create graphics and animations
• Work with marketing manager to produce public services announcements & station sponsored event promotion & contests
• Work with research manager and creative services director to affectively place promotion on logs so as to maximize reach and frequency goals for news and brand image promotion
• Operate professional and commercial cameras
• Use computers and editing software affectively
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires basic experience in editing software such as Final Cut, Avid , or Adobe products: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Knowledge of video cameras like Sony XDcam,
• Knowledge of DSLR cameras is not required but is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to conceptualize and generate creative copy and visual elements
• Willingness to self-train and seek new techniques of editing and photography
• Ability to be flexible, switch gears and re-organize quickly in a rapidly changing (news) environment
• Ability to work in teams
• Knowledge in use of Steadicam Scout and Steadicam Merlin not required but a plus
Requires physical dexterity in shoulders, wrists, hips and legs
Must have the ability to shoulder mount and carry a 13lb camera for long periods of time
Must be able to lift and carry 30-pounds of equipment over long distances and up and down stairs
News, sales, engineering and traffic departments
Commercial clients, advertising agencies, non-profit organizations
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Email your resume & links to your video portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
WQAD-TV is located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL 61265
Applications without portfolios will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will be required to take a creative writing test.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
WQAD-TV is owned and operated by Tribune Media.
This Executive Assistant position assists the Senior Vice President of HBO’s New Business Development and team, working with distribution partners to identify, market and deliver the best entertainment viewing experiences our customers have ever enjoyed. This position allows visibility to how HBO distributes its content digitally on a Global basis. This role requires an individual with strong people and project management skills. But we are also looking for someone who has a genuinely curious nature, goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems, and is dedicated to the position. The role presents tremendous opportunities for growth. A successful candidate will be imaginative, a problem-solver, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change and highly collaborative. In this position, you have the chance to make a big impact while working with a diverse and dynamic group of professionals.
• Organize and oversee business and entertainment events
• Individual will serve as liaison to executive to communicate critical information
• Collaborate with senior level internal and external executives for events and scheduling
• Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts
• Encourage innovation and challenge business as usual
• Promote a culture of transparency, empowerment and accountability by modeling the same
• Customize and implement innovative and impactful solutions
• Provide full administrative support including heavy phones, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and making travel arrangements
• Ensure meeting arrangements are completed accurately and include appropriate materials, web conferencing, conference call number and catering services if required
• Understand the business objectives of HBO and its clients by maintaining familiarity with and understanding of the telecommunications and tech industries
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 3 years of related experience, preferable working for a senior executive in a corporate environment
• Interest in field of distribution and marketing preferred
• Proven capabilities in relationship management
• Demonstrate ability with juggling multiple assignments simultaneously without becoming easily overwhelmed
• Manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong detail-oriented organizational skills
• Collaborative work style
• Seek to resolve outstanding problems proactively
• Flexible and adaptive to change
• Strong project management and problem solving, interpersonal, writing and public speaking skills
• Requires a high degree of initiative and professionalism
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Please apply directly at HBOcareers.com
Global Strategy Group is proud to kick off our 2019 Summer Internship search, and we’re looking for YOU! Our Communications & Public Affairs practice focuses on strategic communications, crisis communications, brand & message development, and grassroots campaigns, to name a few! Our Internships are designed for rising college seniors and recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn all aspects of the work we do for our clients.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
As a GSG Intern, you will work closely with the entire Communications & Public Affairs team on any number of tasks, projects, or presentations. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional!
Our Summer Interns must be able to commit to 40 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
As the Communications & Public Affairs Intern, you will be responsible to:
- Prepare written materials for advocacy campaigns and grassroots logistics, including database maintenance, press releases, FAQ sheets, draft letters, statements, memos, etc.
- Closely monitor events in the news, compile press lists, and perform background research for current and potential clients
- Cover press events and public hearings (including, but not limited to, community board meetings), as well as assist in public event coordination
- Help manage canvassing and direct community outreach
- Assist with digital advertising and social media campaigns
Do the following descriptions sound like you?
- You are motivated & responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction.
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills, and can work quickly and efficiently.
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world.
- You are familiar with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other cutting-edge outlets, and have a sense of best practices within these spaces.
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- You are comfortable talking on the phone with vendors, colleagues, media, and community stakeholders. You’re ready to reach out to a complete stranger and get the necessary message across!
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as knowledge of media & politics, familiarity of social media monitoring and media database tools, and maybe even photoshop or design skills! These are not required, but certainly a plus!
If this sounds like the opportunity for YOU this summer, we want to hear from you!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Please follow these links to apply!
This position will work within the Commercial department to support the Ad sales team. This role will assess, aggregate, and analyze datasets to support Ad sales negotiations with clients and agencies. The ideal candidate must have the ability to distill down data to create stories for the Ad sales team.
- Apply a curiosity around media, television, and consumer engagement with media content to prepare data summaries that speak to ION’s wide and engaged television audience.
- Focus on how to describe ION’s television audience through data, which requires both quantitative analysis and an ability to work with qualitative data (e.g. psychographic, buyergraphic).
- Continue to learn about the evolving media environment within which ION is a major player, asking questions about all aspects of the commercial side of a television network to enhance your understanding of this business, and to make your deliverables impactful to sales negotiations.
- Strike the balance between informed, deep insights and summaries that are concise and coherent.
- Manage and prioritize requests from various sides of the Ad sales organization, including same-day ad hoc requests.
- Collaborate with or directly support staff within other divisions to maintain clean datasets, provided either internally or licensed from vendors.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models in an academic/professional setting and 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool such as R, Matlab, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge of common data structures and the ability to write efficient code in at least one language is a plus (preferably Java, Python, VB, .net or Perl).
- Experience with tools and datasets from the linear television industry (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, GfK MRI, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity or experience with Microsoft Excel and SQL is required.
- Familiarity with modern data analysis environments and associated tools such as Hadoop, NoSQl, unsupervised machine learning, etc. is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the capability to describe complex analysis, models, and summarize and simplify findings to internal clients.
- High-energy, self-starter individual with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
How to Apply
For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at https://careers-ionmedia.icims.com/jobs/1110/data-analyst%2c-sales/job
Your responsibilities can be broadly classified into these categories:
- Development of Distribution analytics/finance tools.
- Creation and maintenance of large data sets and tools to enable distribution and financial analysis and automate reporting and processes
- Responsible for maintaining the weekly distribution tracker, which is updated from distribution team information, as well as third-party databases to provide a global/overall view of distribution of ION Networks by MVPDS, Broadcast O&O and broadcast affiliations.
- Apply proficiency in quantitative analysis.
- Compile, maintain, and update multiple data sources that inform a centralized model used for internal distribution reporting.
- Provide analyses related to affiliate sales initiatives in order to understand opportunities across markets.
- Liaise with accounts receivable to manage subscriber reporting and billing.
- Assist in monitoring the compliance of MVPD contracts.
- Research and analyze industry trends and their impact on the business.
- Perform ad hoc research requests, analyses, and reporting in support of distribution initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field.
- Analytics experience at an MVPD or in cable distribution for a content provider.
- 1-2 years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models.
- Solid expertise using Microsoft Excel and other analytical tools.
- Use of mapping tools using Microsoft Excel or other software a plus.
- Demonstrate a systematic approach towards collecting data from various sources.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Diligent, diplomatic with a positive, go-getter attitude.
How to Apply
For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at https://careers-ionmedia.icims.com/jobs/1076/analyst%2c-distribution/job
Seeking a Managing Editor to help maintain WABE’s high standards for journalistic quality and community service.
The managing editor will lead the day-to-day operations of WABE’s newsroom and oversee a growing team of editors, reporters and producers. The managing editor will possess a sophisticated and nuanced understanding of how to drive editorial impact in the Atlanta area and within the region through original reporting and multi-platform storytelling.
The right candidate for this role appreciates the growth, scope and innovation that WABE has undergone in the past few years; but also sees potential and opportunity, as well as the necessity, of the station’s editorial vision growing and developing even further.
On a day-to-day basis, the Managing Editor supervises WABE’s news reporting, editing staff and oversees the daily news-gathering efforts to provide timely, high-quality news and feature coverage. This includes daily news and ongoing enterprise coverage. The Managing Editor works closely with the news management team to ensure effective communication and coordination among managers and front-line staff. Also, works closely with counterpart in Digital & Social Media department.
This position reports to the Vice President of Radio.
HOW TO APPLY
WABE is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/xng2z.
Apply by February 24.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit https://www.wabe.org/.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates
Who We Are:
Greentarget is a public relations firm founded in 2005 and focused on directing smarter conversations for B2B organizations. We help our clients contribute to and lead discussions that drive their business objectives and build meaningful relationships. We believe in the principles of journalism and embrace our responsibility to help our clients, representing some of the smartest and best thinkers in the world, contribute to a smarter conversation.
We focus our work in seven primary areas: Media Relations, Research & Market Intelligence, Thought Leadership Development, Executive & Corporate Communications, Crisis & Litigation Communications, Content Development and Digital.
We are a destination for talented, ambitious professionals with deep, abiding intellectual curiosity who want to master our proven process so they can drive unparalleled levels of service, creativity and value for our clients. Our gritty team seeks out the personal stretch, rises to the challenge of mastering complex business issues and understands that by embracing professional challenges they can thrive in every other aspect of their lives.
We are also a pretty damn fun group of people to work with.
There are 40+ Greentarget team members in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco offices, and 20 in London.
Greentarget’s vision is to be a destination for the industry’s top talent – professionals who believe we have a responsibility to drive smarter conversations and who are passionate about helping sophisticated organizations articulate their unique value, build meaningful relationships and grow to their full potential. Our team members embrace and embody our core values: Work Hard, Fail Forward, Be Authentic, Embrace Curiosity and Grow as Individuals and as a Team.
Who We Are Seeking:
Greentarget seeks a talented writer with journalism chops (training or experience) to provide editorial guidance and support to clients of Greentarget, a business-to-business PR firm based in Chicago. This role is full-time.
Greentarget represents businesses that sell to other businesses. Most of our clients trade on their expertise — law firms, accounting houses, consulting shops — but others make innovative technology. All of them must connect and engage with business decision makers. We help forge those connections by delivering insights via articles, blogs, newsletters, podcasts and other content that serves those audiences — showing them how breaking news, emerging technology and shifting market forces impact their businesses.
If it sounds like business journalism, that’s because it is very much like it. We don’t require any particular knowledge of business though. What we absolutely require is curiosity about business -- and ideally, a curiosity about everything. We seek a writer who can nerd out a little when assigned to write about the EU’s new data-privacy rules, or the outlook for private-equity deals this year, or foreign investment in US real estate. If you don’t find this stuff at least a little interesting, you won’t enjoy the work.
Benefits of this job:
- You’ll write a lot. Byline articles, blog posts, email alerts, white papers, research reports — and you’ll do nearly off of it as a ghostwriter.
- You’ll learn a lot, about hot issues for businesses. Also about how businesses work. But especially about how to write a business story — from forming a tight idea to asking the right questions to structuring the piece to striking the right balance between conversational and professional language.
- You’ll get to interview people, just like a reporter would, to figure out which of their insights and ideas can be made into stories.
- You’ll get to cover events -- industry conferences and the like -- as a reporter, then write stories about what happened there.
- You’ll get to work with people who are really cool and fun and good at their jobs.
- You’ll get to work in the Chicago Board of Trade building (if you live in Chicago) -- a beautiful, historic art deco spot with amazing views in every direction. Or you’ll have an office in midtown Manhattan (if you live in New York).
- You’ll travel some, but not too much – probably 4-5 times per year.
- Conceive, develop and produce journalistic content for Greentarget clients; could be articles, op-ed columns, blog posts, newsletters, speeches, etc.
- Conduct interview-style story mining sessions with clients, emerging with story ideas that speak to important audience concerns and bolster the client’s expertise
- Attend and cover business conferences sponsored by Greentarget clients to produce well-reported news stories that convey the high level of business intelligence exchanged at those events
- Produce consistent and high-quality research reports in conjunction with the Director of Research or account leads serving in that role on individual projects
- Engage with Greentarget account teams in conceiving, shaping and implementing new content-based thought leadership strategies and campaigns for clients
- Elevate Greentarget’s profile through marketing efforts (specifically the firm’s blog and the regular feature, Recent Reads)
Job Skills and Requirements
- High-level writing skills; you must be able to express complicated ideas and information in accessible, compelling prose
- Powerful storytelling skills, including deep understanding of what makes a good story and how it can be structured
- Solid understanding of business, ability to quickly gain fluency on diverse business topics – and abiding curiosity about how business works
- Ability to communicate ideas about writing and storytelling – to clients, colleagues and especially to junior writers
- Excellent communications skills
- A high level of organization and project management abilities
- Creative and strategic thinking to find new solutions to problems
- Comfort working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-10 years journalism training or experience, preferably in business journalism
- Experience serving businesses, either in an agency or vendor role
- Residence in Chicago or New York City. Or willingness to move there fairly soon.
- Computer literacy, including fluency in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Insatiable desire to write and learn
- Sense of humor
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and qualifications to Laura Miller at email@example.com.
The world's biggest economy and most important central bank operating amid raging trade wars, presidential tweets and volatile financial markets a decade after one of its biggest crises.
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced editor to serve as managing editor for one of its core coverage areas, the U.S. Economy.
This job requires a creative journalist who can lead an award-winning team tasked with delivering breaking and market-moving news, in-depth and authoritative analysis and memorable enterprise all in reader-friendly formats. They will need to explore themes that cross borders, politics, markets and business.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of economies and how they are driven by central banks, governments, investors and industry. This managing editor will ensure fast, accurate and contextual coverage of economic data, central bank decisions, trade issues and the International Monetary Fund.
The ideal candidate will thrive under deadline pressure and have experience dealing with multiple breaking stories and a heavy calendar. At the same time, they will have the ability to step back and generate deeper dives and memorable enterprise. This editor will promote stories internally and externally across all of Bloomberg’s platforms.
The job requires someone who enjoys working under pressure, collaborating and producing inventive work. They will be able to establish strong relationships with counterparts in foreign economies as well as the government, markets, business, finance, social media and broadcast teams among others. The editor will also work closely with bureau chiefs and regional managers.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in business journalism
- Ability to file headlines and excel in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and makes sound news decisions quickly
- Ability to generate original story ideas and see them through
- Excellent editing skills and experience with features and story graphics
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of markets is an advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.