The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing professional to join our team as a 6 month contractor, and help grow the Bloomberg New Economy brand around the world. This role will work with our Marketing Lead to execute strategy across time zones and target audiences to connect with global leaders and CEOs to build a new economy that works better for us all.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual, adept at multitasking and with a proven track record of planning and implementing end-to-end marketing programs for media businesses. You’ll need to have stellar communication skills and an ability to think creatively while collaborating seamlessly between departments.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with our Marketing Lead to execute global marketing plans across multiple platforms including ad campaigns across TV, print, digital, radio & podcast, OOH, social media, and newsletters
- Run ad campaign deployment including trafficking of ads and report of success metrics across all marketing efforts
- Oversee website destinations and maintain content in Wordpress
- Ensure the highest quality control and review/proofing of all assets for consistent marketing look & feel
- Partner with our internal design agency and external vendors to produce marketing materials & collateral, ensuring timely delivery, managing feedback, and quality control
- Build email-marketing campaigns, write email copy, conduct A/B testing, and report on success metrics
- Manage translation and localization of English marketing collateral to simplified Chinese for use in local markets, in partnership with Beijing colleagues
- Provide support to our larger team on external communications, documents, presentations, and fulfillment of production & brand pieces
- Collaborate with PR, audience, editorial, and broadcast teams to build messaging and utilize Bloomberg Media’s ecosystem to expand our brand
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and overseeing integrated multiplatform marketing campaigns
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal, written, editing/proofing, and presentation skills
- Proven success launching large-scale, integrated campaigns
- Ability to think and speak to both creative and business goals, balancing the two to achieve our mission
- Familiar with digital publishing tools (Wordpress, Stensul, Socialflow)
- Experience working with creative teams (either internal or external agencies) and giving creative feedback and direction
- Strong multitasking abilities & time management skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/84868
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 4+ years of Salesforce development experience with Salesforce Apex, Lightning, SOQL, Triggers, and Visualforce
- 5+ years in professional software development, including working in teams
- 2+ Salesforce Lightning implementations
- 3+ years experience with Agile methodologies as well as implementing and leveraging Atlassian tool suite (or like tool suite) for defect management, issues management, code check-in and deployment, and collaboration
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder & Salesforce Certified Platform Developer L1
- Experience writing lightning components for Salesforce Platform & Community Cloud
- Experience configuring and executing declarative Salesforce application configuration
- Proficiency in integrating Salesforce with external APIs using REST & SOAP
- Hands-on experience developing and debugging workflows (Flow, Process Builder, etc), approval flows and email templates
- Experience in Salesforce environment management & code deployment
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer L2
- Developer Ideal Certification (DEV401) or Advanced Developer Certification (DEV 501)
- 3+ years Java and SOA experience
- Media and Entertainment Industry Experience
- 5-7+ years System Implementation, SDLC, Integration, and Project Management experience
- 3+ years in consulting / professional services, big firm experience preferred
- Experience managing teams through client-facing activities such as requirements gathering, stakeholder workshops, and deliverable review/approval sessions
- Experience in project planning, including building and managing to project plans, budgeting, resource allocation, and reporting status to clients and internal teams
- Trained on process and/or technology methodologies (e.g. Lean Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Agile implementation, Waterfall model)
- System development life cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience with presentation and spreadsheet tools, such as PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, information systems, computer science, business administration, or other related fields
- Experience in Media & Entertainment and/or Consumer Products industries
- Experience at a large consulting firm (e.g., Accenture, Deloitte, EY, CapGemini, PWC)
At CalMatters we believe the future of news products will be discovered in collaboration with our audiences, and we strive to understand how Californians want their news and information. If you’re an imaginative and highly collaborative senior designer, you might be the perfect person to help us do that by establishing and leading our product-design practice.
We’re a nonprofit, nonpartisan news startup. At the tender age of five, we’re already the largest newsroom covering California policy and politics. We reach hundreds of thousands of people on our website and others through partnerships with 200 media outlets, but we want to engage many more Californians with our work so they can better engage with our democracy.
You’ll join a small, cross-functional team, working closely with our head of product, product manager and WordPress engineer to collaborate with colleagues across the company. You’ll bring thoughtful design vision to existing products, like our website and our newsletters, and you’ll guide the exploration and building of new ideas with your design and UX expertise.
Some challenges you might tackle:
- How do we become an essential daily habit for more Californians?
- How might we design products that appeal to time-starved people?
- How might we deliver stories in digestible formats while also creating opportunities to dig deeper into complex topics?
- How might visuals and multiple languages play a greater role in our storytelling, given that so many of California’s 40 million people speak a language other than English?
What You’ll Bring to CalMatters:
- At least five years of digital product experience. Digital media and/or editorial experience is a plus. Print design experience is a bonus, but not required.
- A portfolio showcasing a foundation in visual design, design systems, interaction, typography and ideation.
- Experience partnering with a product manager to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience using lightweight prototyping as a way to explore and demonstrate solutions.
- Mastery of common design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Zeplin and the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies in responsive design, user-centered design, and information architecture, coupled with a strong acumen to think of new approaches to user needs.
- Experience leading user research and/or using data to inform design decisions.
- An audience-first mindset and a desire to create new information experiences to improve the lives of Californians and make it easy for them to engage in the democratic process.
What You’ll Do at CalMatters:
- Lead the entire design process, from creating research plans, to leading brainstorms, creating wireframes and prototypes through to delivering high quality design and experiences.
- Take the lead on running design experiments, incorporating qualitative and quantitative data to validate your hypotheses and guide your design decisions.
- Collaborate with the team to conduct lightweight user research, such as customer interviews, prototype testing, card sorting and surveys. You’ll also use low-fidelity tactics, such as user flows, spreadsheets and wireframes, to streamline complex systems and rapidly prototype.
- Work with editorial, audience, fundraising and events colleagues to define and explore ideas, with an eye to the audience members’ perspective.
- Interpret requirements and translate them into quality user-centric outputs that balance user goals, business needs, and technical specs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing actionable recommendations and confidently standing behind them to obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Develop and own our design systems to make sure that all new components adhere to guidelines and quality standards.
- Act as the gate-keeper for our existing brand style guide and relationship manager for freelance design relationships.
Education or experience related to journalism or communications would be plus but is not required. If you meet at least 75% of the qualifications please apply, and don’t be shy about showcasing additional skills we haven’t listed. We’re committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you’re interested, please provide a resume, a cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job and examples of your previous successes. Write to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
We’re based in Sacramento, and that’s the best place for in-person collaboration with our team, but we’re open to creative arrangements with people elsewhere.