An immediate opportunity is available for an Artistic Director to guide ALL ARTS, WNET’s digital, cable, and on demand venture aimed at building future audiences for the arts and public television. Featuring a range of local and global artistic and cultural talent, world-class content, and compelling commentary, ALL ARTS leverages WNET’s existing multimedia platform to serve emerging generations of viewers and innovate current offerings to remain apace and relevant in the new media landscape of today.
Reporting to the Co-Executives in Charge, Neal Shapiro and Diane Masciale, the Artistic Director will have the opportunity to shape ALL ARTS vision for the future, guiding the creative processes of ALL ARTS and working with senior level leadership to help direct and lead an engaged and dedicated programming staff. This is a high-profile opportunity for a candidate with the ability to give expression and form to a strong vision; to secure stakeholder support and resources (both practical and financial) for the realization of that vision; and to work with a team to provide compelling programs for viewers across the tri-state and eventually, the country. Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Develop arts and media content including original, archival, and acquired programming, to bring fresh ideas to the forefront; specific focus on multicultural audiences and passion points such as art, fashion, culture, technology, and food. Serve as program host when needed.
• Ensure ALL ARTS’ programs and activities are established as an authoritative, imaginative and innovative presence in New York’s competitive cultural environment and in the future, across the national arts and culture landscape.
• Regularly initiate and engage in fundraising initiatives including developing new donor leads, presentations, and stewardship.
• Work with the content, marketing and development teams to strengthen the public face of the brand and help to ensure the initiative has the heft and profile to secure funds for its programming and annual operations.
• Cultivate partnerships with arts and cultural organizations, artists, diverse communities, and technology and media companies by utilizing existing contacts and networks.
• Work to expand, diversify and lead the ALL ARTS editorial advisory board, increasing engagement to ensure that ALL ARTS is benefiting from the board's involvement.
• Understand and balance the ambition, scale, and pace of ALL ARTS with the realities of today’s competitive new media landscape.
• The ability to build the value, tone, and style of ALL ARTS, communicating a forward-looking and equitable vision for programming;
• Ability to unify ALL ARTS branding and brand image creating a clear aesthetic for both online and broadcast;
• Strategic fundraising experience in building the case for support;
• Capacity to use digital platforms to engage community partners and audiences to drive business goals;
• Experience using analytics in decision making and to drive engagement;
• Highly collaborative, communicative and transparent, with the ability to build strong and effective internal and external relationships;
• Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with a variety of individuals and groups; demonstrated problem solving ability; excellent written, oral and communication skills;
• Understanding of and commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Candidates with knowledge of the arts and experience with artistic strategy across multimedia platforms are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected] or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.