Reporting to the Deputy Controller, Accounting Operations, the Associate Director, Accounts Payable will oversee and manage the full cycle accounts payable process for WNET and its subsidiary companies. Responsibilities include disbursements, vendor relations, and reconciliations, with the goals of increasing A/P efficiency and improving A/P processes. Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage day-to-day activities related to A/P, including the supervision of three team members;
• Ensure invoices and payments processed timely, accurately, and conform to policy (check runs, ACH, wires);
• Ensure integrity of vendor records;
• Liaise with vendors and internal departments to resolve issues;
• Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, to ensure adherence to company guidelines;
• Annual reconciliation and preparation of 1099’s and 1042’s;
• Ensure the highest level of customer service from the entire A/P team;
• Collaborate with ERP team on system upgrades;
• Identify recurring problems, recommend solutions, and identify areas for improvement;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years of operational accounting experience. Additional responsibilities include:
• Proficiency with ERP systems, Workday is preferred;
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to plan, supervise and coordinate the work of financial staff;
• Advanced Excel, strong analytical and organizational abilities;
• Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and staff as well as collaboratively as an effective team member with internal colleagues;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.