NJ Spotlight seeks an Associate Multimedia Reporter with the ability to initiate and generate stories as well as take assignments, and is ready to immediately play an important role in shaping ongoing coverage by NJ Spotlight and NJTV News. The ideal candidate is a versatile reporter who can write with clarity, provide insight that gives our readership context and understanding, and also present the news in a variety of platforms, including video and broadcast. In addition, the Reporter will provide engagement strategy for reaching out to our readership and community for insights and ideas. Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop, take assignments and execute story ideas that are fitting for NJ Spotlight’s audience;
• Work with editors to strategize what is required in a story and complete the story in a timely manner, often at least three pieces of content a week;
• Work with editors to develop other presentation ideas, including possible graphic, photo and video presentations;
• Gather supplemental information for graphics or the assignment of photos;
• Help develop engagement strategy that reaches out to readers and viewers for their input and ideas on coverage;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to cultivate strong relationships with colleagues, sources and the community. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a multimedia news reporter/journalist; strong interview skills;
• Ability to write and produce stories at a daily pace on a wide range of topics with skill, accuracy and insight;
• Knowledge of AP style; strong news judgment, writing and editing skills and ability to work effectively under deadline;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with editors, reporters and producers across the newsroom in service of shared excellence,
• Knowledge of New Jersey essential;
• Commitment to accuracy and fairness is essential;
• Ability to travel locally throughout New Jersey;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
Candidates with proficiency using social media to drive engagement and promote content are preferred.
Apply online at NJTV Careers
Public Media NJ, LLP
Gateway 2, 283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
NJTV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter