Launched in 1986 on PBS, American Masters tells the stories of people who have changed us, including artists, musicians, scientists, and more. Our content is available on multiple platforms and currently offers streaming video of select films, outtakes, filmmaker interviews, the American Masters Podcast, educational resources and more. Now our brand is on the cusp of taking our digital presence to the next level, into a publisher that is essential to the lives of our many fans every day.
A talented Associate Producer, Digital is needed to join the team working closely with the series production team, external producers, and content partners to create content that engages audiences across social media, mobile and web platforms. The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience writing, producing, sourcing information, collecting digital assets, publishing, and producing and editing digital video for social and digital platforms.
Reporting to the Digital Lead, the Associate Producer, Digital oversees content and asset production across various digital and social media platforms. The Associate Producer, Digital will work closely with our Series Producers, Digital and Audience Engagement teams to create digital content that engages and drives broadcast and streaming views. Specific responsibilities include:
- Produce multiple content pieces per week in collaboration with the American Masters team, optimized for multiple distribution platforms, eventually ensuring that new content is available online daily;
- Serve as an audience-focused editor on content created by others on the team;
- Manage timely and accurate updates to the American Masters site and other proprietary PBS platforms (upload video, maintain information related to new and upcoming episodes, update schedule, etc.);
- Identify opportunities informed by analytics for social media content/videos with Digital Lead and Producers;
- Help traffic video assets and upload videos to all online distribution channels;
- Write SEO-friendly site content and asset metadata;
- Maintain internal asset/editorial schedules and rights-tracking documents; Assemble American Masters newsletters;
- Contribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and drive audience engagement;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in digital production and digital content management; Experience working with video and media management including various CMS’;
- Knowledge of basic HTML and SEO best practices; Strong understanding of digital metrics/KPI’s;
- Detail oriented and organized with strong time management skills;
- Excellent writing skills, strong copy editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work;
- Social media-savvy (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.); proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere);
- WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
If you are an enthusiastic digital content producer who loves the arts and has a deep understanding of content that engages audiences, we want to talk to you.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
THIRTEEN/WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
THIRTEEN/WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.