An immediate opportunity is available for an experienced Coordinator with strong organizational and communication skills to support all activities of both WNET’s and NJTV’s Boards and associated committees, along with its two Community Advisory Boards. This is an exceptional role for someone with strong administrative skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as Trustees, outside clients and vendors.
As a member of WNET’s Legal Department, the Board Coordinator plays an integral role supporting the organization’s Board of Trustees, Community Advisory Boards and the Office of the General Counsel. The individual selected will manage all logistical aspects of Board meetings, draft meeting minutes and related correspondence, and work closely with senior management to prepare and organize materials for Board meetings. Specific responsibilities include:
• Schedule and prepare for Board meetings;
• Prepare and distribute Board materials, using MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, and BoardEffect (online board management portal); Serve as BoardEffect Administrator;
• Assist Corporate Secretaries with taking minutes at Board meetings;
• Keep Board directories and rosters up-to-date;
• Assist in maintaining official corporate library of minutes and meeting records;
• Serve as primary contact person for both WNET and NJTV Boards;
• Handle all Board-related administrative work, including: schedule meetings and conference calls; book conference rooms, send meeting reminders, track attendance, place catering orders; photocopy, scan and distribute meeting materials; order supplies; and respond to Board-related inquiries from other areas of the organization (e.g., Development, Marketing, and Human Resources)
• Provide administrative support to the General Counsel as requested, including calendar maintenance and scheduling; travel arrangements; and preparation of expense reports.
• Process and track Legal Department invoices and associated agreements;
• Assist with the completion and submission of external compliance reports;
• Additional duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have prior experience supporting top level executives and/or boards; a BA/BS or equivalent experience. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the ability to handle privileged, sensitive and confidential topics, exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, superior attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Occasional overtime will be required, as well as occasional travel to off-site meetings (generally within Manhattan, and Newark, NJ).
Candidates with experience using BoardEffect (or other online Board management software) preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.