The Coordinating Producer serves as unit point person, managing all logistical and administrative responsibilities during all phases of production including detailed working databases for all legal, historical, production, publicity and distribution activities coming out of the unit. Additional responsibilities include:
• Fact check, report and correspond with partners and unrelated reporters and organizations to contribute to reporting.
• Assemble and deliver visual elements for broadcast on a daily basis including but not limited to photos, designed graphics, maps, charts, quotes, b-roll, segments, web videos and promotional materials.
• Coordinate production and delivery of recurring production elements such as funders, graphics, finished segments etc.
• Coordinate processing, naming and transferring of studio recordings.
• Supervise researchers, production assistants and interns in daily activities as assigned.
• Supervise editor in selection of shots, framing, transitions and editorial cuts.
• Assist in managing an ongoing archive of file footage and deal with distribution to field editors.
• Serve as primary contact for internal service departments such as design and production services.
• Time out elements during live broadcast serving as assistant director
• Anticipate the needs of and complete all tasks assigned by Executive Producer;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess strong written and verbal communication and presentation skill. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in TV program production, including production schedules, budgets and editorial;
• Ability to interact with roles across the editorial and product teams;
• Experience managing people and/or projects in a team-oriented environment;
• Exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
• Impeccable time management skills.
• BS/BA or equivalent experience.
Apply online at NJTV Careers
Public Media NJ
283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
PMNJ is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. PMNJ does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.