As Database Administrator, the candidate will administer and maintain our new CRM data warehouse database on AWS environment and current fundraising Oracle database on-premise. The Database Administrator will provide technical support on integration tools (Dell Boomi) and reporting tools (Salesforce Einstein) as well as test and coordinate modifications to the systems, troubleshoot problems, ensuring high availability and optimum performance of the systems.
Oracle specific responsibilities:
• Plan and execute database backup and recovery;
• Improve and maintain database to include rollout and upgrades;
• Monitor the performance of databases for our fundraising application and data warehouse in development and production environments;
• Ensure 24/7 availability, performance, backup, recovery and security of the databases;
• Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime;
• Perform database environment cloning;
• Trouble shoot system issues and establish call bridges with appropriate personnel to ensure the databases restored to proper operating condition and all efforts are documented from start to closure;
AWS specific responsibilities:
• Creating database instance, designing schema, PL/SQL & SQL development; modifying database structure; Archiving and updating data;
• Importing data into PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS;
• Automating recurring or deprecating redundant database tasks;
• Maintaining database integrity, availability, and restorability;
• Generating needed ad-hoc reports and data files using PostgreSQL or third-party tool;
• Performing Common Management Tasks for PostgreSQL environment;
• Managing PostgreSQL Database Access;
• Proactive performance tuning and database parameter configuration; database cache management;
• Providing on-call support which can require analysis and trouble-shoot of complex issues;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
In addition, the Database Administrator will provide technical assistance within different environments and projects, Examples include assisting in setting up integrations between systems using Dell Boomi, creating and updating datasets for reporting tool Einstein Analytics, and various data hygiene projects.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of three (3) years of database administrator experience, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills. In addition, qualified candidates will possess:
• Experience with multiple database platforms;
• Experience in UNIX (Sun SPARC Solaris), Red Hat Linux and/or Oracle Unbreakable, and UNIX shell scripting;
• Expertise in Oracle 11g database implementation and administration;
• Knowledge of cloud solution environments, preferably Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.);
• Knowledge of SalesForce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, NPSP data systems are a plus.
Candidates with experience in large data sets, and/or a nonprofit setting are preferred, as well as candidates possessing a distinct desire to continue to learn and work with other modern technologies in a fast-paced culture.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter