The Development Associate is a key member of the Development team for New Jersey and supports the implementation and coordination of fundraising initiatives to ensure that budgeted funding goals are met. The Development Associate plays a lead role in developing, analyzing and expanding prospecting capacity, working closely with Prospect Research to support research, donor analysis and reporting, creation of target donors and strategies and development and management of a cultivation calendar. Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with creating campaigns, exports, and mailing list preparations in Salesforce;
• Analyze effectiveness of fundraising campaigns and prepare quarterly reports;
• Draft donor messaging strategy to promote donor relationships and drive donor retention;
• Assist the Director with developing regular communication vehicles – one sheets with stats and program updates, newsletters and emails for special donor segments;
• Work with the communications team to develop high-quality event collateral;
• Assist with foundation grant proposal writing and reporting;
• Work closely with Development Operations to create dashboards, monitor and maintain data integrity in keeping with industry best practices;
• On occasion, assist with logistics for organizing fundraising events;
• Additional duties as assigned.
• A minimum of two years of experience in non-profit or development, preferably in individual giving;
• Excellent written (research, analysis, and editing), verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with MS Office required (especially Word, Excel and mail merge functions) and fundraising databases; Salesforce preferred.
• Must be highly organized with attention to detail;
• Ability to take initiative and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment;
• Ability to work remotely and collaboratively until offices reopen.
Although this position provides critical internal support, candidates will need to be adept at engaging (in writing and in person) with donors and key external stakeholders.
Candidates with BA/BS, familiarity with New Jersey communities and funders and experience with individual donors’ needs and perceptions, contributing to funding narratives and foundation grant management are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected] or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.