The Digital Content Specialist is a self-starter who has a passion for the arts, strong writing skills and the ability to develop online content, taking an idea from conception through to production and posting. Collaborating across internal and external teams, the Digital Content Specialist is responsible for engaging online communities, bringing the ALL ARTS brand to life in innovative and engaging ways. Specific responsibilities include:
• Write arts features and create other online media content for the ALL ARTS website and e-newsletter with an eye for enhancing viewer engagement;
• Daily management and posting of content on website and e-newsletter by selecting, writing and creating content that aligns to the ALL ARTS brand and broadcast component;
• Track, assess and analyze engagement analytics;
• Collaborate with internal partners to ensure content is cleared in advance of posting;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have experience identifying key influencers and using social media to engage community partners to drive business goals; candidates with experience in a media or nonprofit community organizations are strongly encouraged to apply. In addition, qualified candidates will have the following:
• Excellent writing skills; strong editorial judgment and the ability to craft compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our target audience;
• Proficiency with WordPress and Google Analytics; Google Docs, Google Drive and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Marketing or Communications or related fields.
Candidates proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Premiere and familiarity with rights and clearances in the context of broadcast and online media are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.