The Digital Platform Project Specialist is responsible for coordinating and overseeing digital assets for WNET’s Wavelength content sharing platform.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist the Wavelength Team to oversee membership lists in back-end StarCM database and locally in Excel; monitor new upload notifications and work with Ingest to ensure all station content is posted in a timely manner;
• Curate content and make recommendations for features in monthly Wavelength newsletter;
• Track user metrics, including stations, user, downloads and uploads in concert with the Wavelength Team; assist with data cleansing and collecting;
• Provide Customer Service including troubleshooting and solicitation for new and existing sharing strands; collaborate across all departments that maintain/host content on Wavelength;
• Participate in web development and testing existing and new functionality; write scripts and supplemental metadata for content shared on Wavelength;
• Facilitate payment of invoices and contracts;
• Provide production support for special projects as needed;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well as demonstrated planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of 1 year of work experience in television/broadcast environment;
• Firm understanding of following formats: film, videotape, audio and audiovisual digital files
• Experience with Media Asset Management systems (Dalet);
• Demonstrated experience in the usage and implementation of databases, cataloging and metadata schemas;
• BS/BA or equivalent experience.
Apply online at WNET Careers
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.