The Direct Mail & Donor Services Associate will oversee the management of WNET’s Acknowledgement programs and administration of WNET’s Member card discount programs for THIRTEEN, WLIW, NJTV. In addition, the Associate supports the Associate Director, Direct Mail Programs with daily production support for all Membership solicitation efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
• Regular review and audit of Acknowledgement program to ensure Acknowledgement program is current and implements best practices.
• Ensure weekly Acknowledgment efforts and annual tax statement mailings are mailed on schedule; track weekly delivery of mailings and alert vendors of delays or problems;
• Create and implement additional acknowledgement letters for seasonal campaigns and new programs;
• Work across departments ( DevOps, Gift Processing) and teams to ensure data is properly coded and flagged to receive correct acknowledgement language.
• Review inventory of print materials with each vendor and authorize reprints on a semi-annual basis or more often if necessary. Work with vendors to create efficiencies wherever possible.
• Provide support to the Associate Director, Direct Mail Programs in the following areas: review and approve print and mailing proofs for all Membership direct mail appeal and renewal campaigns; alert direct marketing agency and their production vendor of errors or any other problems; route and provide materials to Communications and outside vendors for approval as needed.
• Oversee management of WNET’s Membercard Partner program including contact existing Membercard partners each year to renew their annual commitments; research and contact potential new partners for the program; partner with other departments on special events or offerings; oversee brochure design and secure print bids for job; work directly with selected printer on print production.
• Ensure fulfillment of recognition benefits for participating organizations.
• Provide assistance at cultivation events on occasion (Member Lunches, Ticketed Events, etc.).
• Oversee all postal duties: liaise with USPS representative ; maintain permit accounts and pay account maintenance and renewal fees; maintain BRE accounts for all three stations and replenish postage funds quarterly;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written), be highly detailed and organized with the ability to proactively manage vendors. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a marketing function; candidates with direct response fundraising experience within a non-profit environment are preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM programs (Salesforce preferred);
• Experience managing relationships, deadlines, documentation, and scheduling
• Possess an ongoing interest and willingness to learn new technologies, techniques and practices
• BA/BS in Marketing or equivalent experience.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.