The Director, Corporate Engagement is responsible for leading WNET’s interactions with the corporate sector to leverage and expand these corporate relationships in order to proactively identify opportunities to grow revenue on both the national and local levels across WNET’s family of stations. The Director, Corporate Engagement will lead a team tasked with developing WNET’s corporate fundraising strategy, in collaboration with senior leadership, to grow corporate revenue for both current and proposed programming initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and oversee a strategic and holistic program (underwriting/sponsorship and gifts/grants) designed to identify and pursue innovative strategies and approaches to increase corporate engagement to grow revenue in support of WNET’s programs, both locally and nationally;
• Identify key corporate prospects and build an actionable pipeline for future support; Leverage extensive network contacts and relationships in a way that creates a competitive advantage for WNET as well as identifies and maximizes opportunities to build relationships in the community;
• Identify key corporate foundation prospects and collaborate with Institutional Giving team on approach to optimize funding
• Develop mutually beneficial, revenue generating partnership opportunities (through unrestricted, restricted and in-kind support) with companies who have philanthropic/marketing goals with which we can align;
• Develop and implement short and long range, targeted growth strategies that significantly increases revenue from the corporate sector;
• Serve as key resource for all corporate partners, prospects and contacts, establishing and maintaining long term relationships for the purpose of ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
• Work closely with legal, finance, production and communications teams to negotiate all terms of agreement for partnerships, sponsorships, funders and multiyear collaborations;
• Monitor and advise on trends and initiatives in corporate sponsorship, social responsibility, underwriting, corporate foundation guidelines and new regional or national funding programs;
• Create presentations/proposals and other fundraising materials that reflect the unique, competitive and compelling nature of WNET’s assets and offerings;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
The Director, Corporate Engagement position requires an experienced and motivated fundraising professional with a portfolio of contacts in the corporate sector who is comfortable interacting with corporate executives at all levels and able to work independently and as part of a team to reach individual, departmental and organizational goals. Additional qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate relations;
• Experience leading, managing and developing a team;
• Exceptional track record of strategic relationship management and revenue generation;
• Ability to identify donors and cultivate relationships leading to substantial commitments;
• Knowledge of NYC, national philanthropic, social and business communities;
• Proven success tapping new sources of philanthropy and partnerships;
• Experience working effectively with trustees and other high-profile leaders;
• Exceptional communicator; able to articulate the case for support to a wide array of audiences.
• Candidates with experience in working within a database/CRM system are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.