The Institutional Giving Associate is part of a team of professionals dedicated to increasing support from foundations, corporate foundations, and city and federal agencies. The position has a strong focus on writing proposals, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, grant reports, stewardship communications and other materials for foundation and government funders. The position interfaces extensively with other WNET departments, including Kids and Educational Media, Local and National Production, Communications, Finance, Interactive, Legal, etc. to help oversee funder deliverables as well as to gather information for project proposals, and interim and final narrative and financial reports. Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop report narratives and maintain documents required for city, federal and foundation reporting;
• Create and maintain all Institutional Giving documents (i.e., financial charts, Institutional Giving Proposal and Reporting Calendars, and administrative documents);
• Maintain and Manage own portfolio of institutional funders
• Research and prepare briefings on institutional funders and government agencies;
• Ensure document completion so that grant applications are submitted in a timely manner;
• Track assigned grant proposals, reports, agreements and other required ancillary materials;
• Compile data and institutional materials related to grant proposals, and funder reports;
• Administrative tasks, including but not limited to maintaining spreadsheets with institutional deliverables for program reporting;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
To qualify, applicants must have at least one (1) year of experience in a fundraising environment along with strong written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage deadlines working effectively on multiple projects. Additional qualifications include:
• Excellent writing, editing, research and analytical skills;
• Experience using fundraising databases; Salesforce preferred;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.