Reporting to the Director of Media Services, the Media Services Coordinator troubleshoots junior level technical issues related to WNET’s Post-Production infrastructure. Key responsibilities will be providing support for PBS Weekend Newshour, answering tickets related to post production, new hire tutorials, ingest infrastructure support, serving as liaison between Media Services and Desktop Services and as main contact for video encoding lab. Additional responsibilities include:
• Answering phone calls and monitor email;
• Monitoring incoming archive; Restoring Scheduall work orders;
• Transcoding all file types;
• Entering metadata for digital assets;
• Providing entry level support for Media Services;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have proficiency in both Mac and PC computer platforms and familiarity with production related equipment. Additional qualifications include:
• Previous experience or internship in post-production;
• Familiarity with Post-Production software FCP, Adobe Premiere, & Avid;
• Knowledge of digital asset management software such as DALET;
• Basic understanding of codecs/file types and file transcoding software such as Episode/Compressor/Mpeg Stream Clip;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience;
• Flexible schedule required.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10019
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.