Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the Production Assistant provides multifaceted support to the production unit, from pre to post-production of entertainment event production and theatrical captures. The candidate will also assist the production staff in generating talent contracts and tracking payments to all contracts as well as performing general administrative tasks such as managing production records and files. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assist in various aspect of event production and theatrical captures;
• Generates talent contracts; submits and tracks payments for all contracts, vendor agreements and invoices;
• Create, organize and update spreadsheet program production data;
• Assist in formatting and packaging all programs to standard PBS guidelines; assist in archiving production materials;
• Organize and maintain the department’s tape libraries and distribute production materials and supplies to all production staff;
• Assist in creating shooting scripts (including camera shot sheets, contact sheets and program credits);
• Transcribe and logs program files
• Assist in arranging production related travel; Perform general administrative tasks such as answering phones and managing departmental files;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess effective organizational, communication, and project management skills with strong attention to detail. The ability to graciously and effectively communicate with talent and talent representation when called upon. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in television production and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere, After Effects and/or Photoshop;
• Ability to work extended hours as needed and to commit to occasional out of town production travel (up to one week);
• Available to assist on location tapings in the field which may occur outside normal business hours;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
Experience working with media management and/or digital video is a plus.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
THIRTEEN/WNET is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. THIRTEEN/WNET does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter