AMERICAN MASTERS, THIRTEEN’s award-winning biography series that celebrates our arts and culture, now in its 31st season, sets the standard for documentary film profiles, accruing widespread critical acclaim, including 28 Emmy awards, 12 Peabody awards, three Grammys and an Oscar.
An immediate opportunity exists for a highly organized Production Coordinator to perform a variety of administrative and production tasks essential to the research, development, production, post-production, and outreach/promotion of the American Masters series and programs.
The Production Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Executive Producer, assist senior producers in selecting and coordinating interns, update and maintain American Masters’ database and series one-sheets, maintain an inventory of supplies, log all proposals received and organize American Masters’ tape closet and press files. The Production Coordinator will assist at corporate and departmental events when necessary and provide other related administrative support as needed. Specific responsibilities include:
• Support production research, development and post production efforts, including coordinating review of scripts, project pitches and submissions; coordinate ingest, encoding, and dub orders; and booking edit rooms and audio sessions;
• Provide support on festival, awards and grant applications and submissions;
• Track and manage notes from internal and external producers and advisors;
• Support an expanded web presence, including site updates and e-newsletter;
• Interdepartmental coordination and assistance, including audience engagement, fundraising, education and graphic design; Generate paperwork for new hires and freelance employees;
• Coordinate regular departmental reports, schedule and organize meetings and events, order catering and make travel arrangements;
• Support development of new and ongoing proposals and projects, including identifying potential partners, writers and education advisors;
• Provide support for tapings in studio or on location including processing invoices, timesheets and expense reports;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will have a BA/BS or equivalent work experience and exhibit excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) will be necessary as will the ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner.
Candidates with some experience in production, knowledge of web and social media tools, Microsoft Access, Mail Chimp, and/or editing software are preferred.
Apply online: WNET Careers
THIRTEEN/WNET New York
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10019
THIRTEEN/WNET is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter