As a legacy organization, WNET has a dual responsibility to meet the needs and expectations of our long-time viewers, while building long-term sustainability by growing, adapting, and changing to attract and expand our audiences. Recognizing the need for our programming to remain relevant to audiences that increasingly consume content on-demand, online, and on mobile devices, WNET is undertaking an organization-wide digital transformation that is impacting how we create, market and distribute content and how we engage with the audiences of the future. A central component to this transformation is taking place within the fundraising operation at WNET with a migration from a legacy CRM (Team Approach) to the Salesforce platform. This transition is crucial to modernizing WNET’s fundraising capabilities to be able to respond to the changing media environment.
The Salesforce Administrator is a key role in Development Operations and supports WNET’s Salesforce.com deployment and ongoing functionality, serving as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment. The Salesforce Administrator manages and oversees all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks. This role is part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Administrator is responsible for executing on the day to day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of the CRM platform. Key responsibilities include:
• Serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment;
• Manage all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks; Create custom objects and workflows when required;
• Manage data feeds and other integrations;
• Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades; monitor data quality and integrity;
• Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests;
• Work with leaders/managers to establish processes to support administrative, development and change management activities;
• Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization;
• Maintain a current understanding of seasonal Salesforce releases, communicating about enhancements and suggesting ways for the organization to leverage them;
• Work with IT team to integrate constituent data from different platforms into Salesforce;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have strong customer service orientation; the ability to communicate clearly and concisely as well as to convey ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills and demonstrated project management skills. Additional qualifications include:
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator;
• Proficiency with the platform and ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity;
• Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality; knowledge of nonprofit processes preferred;
• Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
Candidates with Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211), Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and/or Developer certifications are preferred.
Apply online WNET Careers
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.