Reporting to the Senior Managing Editor, the Senior Broadcast Producer is responsible for developing and shaping production of all live newscasts, shows and recorded video segments for television news broadcast. The Senior Broadcast Producer oversees the production/control room team, managing all stages of the production process from story development through post-production. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages news broadcast, overseeing all aspects of production including production teams, scheduling, assigning stories, reviewing and approving scripts;
- Leads on air production, approving show rundowns, script edits, graphic elements, promos;
- Provides editorial and production guidance to teams during all phases of story development, production and editing; Ensures all information checked for accuracy;
- Approves locations and characters; Produces and oversees locational shoots;
- Conducts interviews in support of program; May shoot and edit video;
- Works with on-camera talent as required;
- Liaise with various other departments, including publicity, production services, finance and legal in support of production needs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have exceptional planning, organization, problem analysis and decision-making skills along with ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines. Additional qualifications include:
- A minimum of six (6) years’ experience in television or multimedia production management, at least two of which will have been spent producing current affairs segments and/or programs;
- Exceptional ability to write for video and copy edit scripts;
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional research skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- BS or BA or equivalent experience.
Candidates with experience in production of daily or weekly news/public affairs program and the ability to shoot and edit digital video are preferred.
Apply online at NJTV Careers
Public Media NJ
283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
NJTV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.