Senior Coordinator, Media Services
Reporting to the Director of Media Services, the Senior Coordinator, Media Services provides end-user support to production clients relating to media data integrity, infrastructure (software/hardware) storage utilization and post production broadcast play-out. The incumbent supports technical issues and is responsible for providing support to editing professionals, resolving broadcast media related issues and vendor interface/management.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborates proactively with IT staff to ensure technologies are current;
• Supports pre-production workflows for respective production unit clients;
• Troubleshoots and resolves media (ingest) related issues; \
• Troubleshoots and supports producers and editors with all postproduction-related issues (e.g.: Edit Rooms, Edit Cubes, Adobe Premiere, Dalet, Avid, etc.);
• Participates in the restoration activities of WNET’s media assets;
• Periodic Software/Hardware updates as needed;
• Perform additional duties and special projects, as required.
• At least one year of experience in a broadcast environment; familiarity with production-related equipment/software;
• Working knowledge of both PC and Apple Products/ Software and Servers (Windows 7 & 10, Mac OSX);
• Experience with Xendata, storage solutions and Adobe Creative Cloud;
• Working knowledge of Media Asset Management (i.e. Dalet) and Non-linear Editing Systems (i.e. Avid, Telestream products, Adobe Premiere);
• Ability to assess and resolve complex technical issues;
• Approaches problems with creative and outside-of-the-box thinking;
• Capacity to meet tight timelines on a consistent basis;
• Ability to communicate/translate technical information to non-technical clients;
• Ability to work periodic on-call/weekends.
Apply online at WNET Careers
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, New York 10019
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.