The Senior Director, Development Operations is a key role providing strategic leadership to WNET’s fundraising operations unit. The Senior Director of Fundraising Operations collaborates with the WNET management team to establish the development operating environment, vision & implementation roadmap for the entire organization and continues to monitor the landscape to ensure WNET is leveraging new products, features, and technologies that evolve in the marketplace and support the fundraising priorities of the organization.
The Senior Director, Development Operations manages strategy, governance, operations, reporting & analytics and support through thoughtful project management that includes Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Support. Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the implementation and production use of WNET’s new CRM system along with the CRM Implementation Project Manager, and executes the day-to-day functions required to manage the operations of these systems;
• Optimize and improve development operating environment (defined as CRM, Online donations, Marketing solution, Business Intelligence application, etc.) to support management of constituent data and actionable analysis;
• Evaluate, develop, articulate, and socialize the future strategy of the fundraising systems;
• Establish, develop, gain consensus, and govern the rules for data management for all fundraising systems;
• Coordinate all fundraising-specific information systems changes with IT for proper integration into network environment, in accordance with system and data governance policies;
• Collaborate with Finance for integration of data with financial systems; facilitate reconciliation of constituent CRM revenue data with accounting systems, in close collaboration with Finance;
• Direct the management of gift acknowledgment program for production and fulfillment, including tax receipting, pledge reminders, stewardship reporting;
• Prepare the budget and forecast for the department;
• Establish and maintain a Production Schedule for routine daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly processing and reporting; analyzes data gathered; provides new ways to synthesize, review and visualize data;
• Collaborate with senior leadership in Development to create and implement annual Fundraising System plans to continually improve efficiency of departmental systems;
• Analyze activities, costs, and operations to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives; manages Return on Investment (ROI) reporting, including revenue vs. expense, budget vs. actual;
• Provide business and advanced technology support to all users across all systems; Identify gaps that may result in future system enhancements, training opportunities, etc.;
• Oversee design, development, and delivery of training programs, targeted to job role, to users of the fundraising systems;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of ten (10) years directly relevant work experience, a BA/BS or equivalent combination of training and experience. Additional qualifications include:
• Systems/technical management, including with a constituent database;
• High-level knowledge of fundraising databases, workflows, documentation, data integrity, quality control, financial controls, and audits;
• Experience with business process re-engineering in a Fundraising department;
• Demonstrated understanding of goals and operational needs of various branches of Fundraising (direct marketing, major and principal giving, planned giving, corporate sponsorship/underwriting, foundation/institutional giving, on-air pledge activity)
• Ability to clearly document complex technical and business processes and communicate technical issues to non-technical staff;
• Experience in project management; vendor management and selection; and demonstrated ability to bring complex projects in on-time and on-budget;
• Experience with staff management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team; excellent judgment and diplomacy;
• Organized, detail-oriented, creative, problem-solving, strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication, high energy, fast-paced, deal with pressure and deadlines;
• Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines;
• Strong manager; facilitator; an integrator.
Candidates with experience with Salesforce’s NonProfit Success Pack (NPSP) and Marketing Cloud highly preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.