The Senior Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion works with the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer to champion and implement WNET’s DEI strategy and initiatives. Partnering with the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, the Senior Director will contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs to promote DEI within the Company. The Senior Director, in collaboration with the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer and Human Resources works with all employees to 1) ensure that inclusion and diversity initiatives are clearly communicated, understood and successfully implemented; 2) enhance the organizational culture ensuring an inclusive and highly engaged work environment; and 3) improve staff interaction at all levels. Specific responsibilities include:
• In partnership with the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, develop and implement the DEI strategy and serve as an internal Subject Matter Expert to support DEI efforts;
• Identify and define key performance indicators (KPIs) for the DEI strategy;
• Collect and analyze data from throughout the organization to create a holistic approach to report on progress;
• Create a dashboard for periodic reporting to senior management and the Personnel and Diversity Committee of the Board;
• Coordinate and facilitate training and professional development to build capacity in the application of DEI initiatives as well as educate the workforce and bring about sustainable organizational change;
• Evaluate all WNET initiatives to ensure that DEI have been considered, including but not limited to HR policies, practices, procedures, on-air and online content, community engagement, board development, communications, etc.
• Partner collaboratively with the HR team to increase initiatives and processes that enhance the employee experience and attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce;
• Stay current on DEI programs and developments by maintaining contact with professional associations and educational groups;
• Serve as liaison to WNET’s IDEA Committee, oversee activities, promote dialogue and understanding;
• Other projects as assigned.
• At least eight years’ experience in human resources, employment law, or diversity program development including a track record of leading organizational change;
• Advanced knowledge of principles of diversity, equity and inclusion with experience leading initiatives aligned with business objectives;
• Prior experience working in media preferred
• Strong knowledge and understanding of federal and state EEO/AAP laws and compliance;
• Experience leading internal equity audits;
• Strong analytical ability with experience gathering, analyzing interpreting and communicating data;
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills, and the ability to motivate and influence others;
• Experience in employee relations and conflict resolution;
• Must be able to handle employee-sensitive and business information with the utmost confidentiality;
• Must be resourceful with the ability to leverage limited resources;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience; Masters preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected] or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.