Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Supervising Graphics Designer will work with Senior Staff and internal creative clients to develop visual elements for NJTV productions, including NJTV News, On the Record, Reporters Roundtable, and others. As a department head, the position will oversee the in-house post production graphics department. Additional responsibilities include:
• Designing and producing graphic elements for broadcast, web and print with a primary focus on same-day infographic and motion graphics requests for live evening news program;.
• Project management; fielding, delegating and managing interdepartmental graphics requests;
• Collaborating with producers, junior staff, journalists and editors to conceptualize visual elements for on-air and online segments. Graphic artwork for news segments may include charts, graphs, diagrams, maps, digital photographs and formatted text for quotes or statements. Original logo/title designs are required for special programming and branded segments;
• Delivering files in variety of digital formats to editors for post-production and control room for live broadcast;
• Non-broadcast design projects include promotional material for magazines, flyers, posters and website banner advertisements;
• Additional duties as assigned.
To qualify, candidates will need exceptional planning, organization, time-management, problem analysis and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines. Additional qualifications include:
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in digital media; broadcast motion graphics experience is preferred;
• Experience managing people and projects in a team-oriented environment;
• Proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator;
• Strong skills in typography, infographics, and animation;
• Ability to interact with roles across the editorial and product teams;
• BS/BA or equivalent experience.
Candidates with knowledge of digital file format compression for still images and video are preferred.
Candidates selected will be asked to present a portfolio demonstrating strong skills in time-based media, typography, design layout, animation and visual communication.
Apply online at NJTV Careers
Public Media NJ
283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
PMNJ is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. PMNJ does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.