WQAD 8 has an opening for an Account Executive. Responsibilities include proposing media advertising strategies over several media platforms to local businesses and advertising agencies. Previous sales experience and a college degree preferred. Working knowledge of digital, mobile, social media a plus. Must have the ability to utilize PowerPoint, Word and Excel proficiently.
• A proven track record of creativity
• The ability to complete an effective customer needs analysis
• Develop new business for continued revenue growth, working with direct clients and advertising agencies.
• Embrace new technology. Applicant needs to be experienced in the use of new technology and possess the ability to learn how new technologies can be used to develop sales opportunities that will benefit our customers and new revenue growth for our business.
• Conduct sales calls within an established zone in our designated market area.
• Experienced in building relationships and able to use available resources to generate revenue.
• Forecast pending business.
• Achieve monthly revenue budget.
• Achieve monthly new business quota. Conduct presentations utilizing our marketing department and use available research materials to secure new customer and develop revenue.
• Maximize use of selling day by using available resources to handle administrative duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Verbal and written skills used in meetings, conversation and presentations.
• Ability to drive vehicle.
• Dexterity to operate keys on computers and telephones.
• Ability to lift tapes, sales packages and other object up to 20 pounds and over when needed.
• Exposed to all kinds of weather conditions in connection with making sales calls on clients.
• Must be willing to travel.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Other Account Executives Advertising clients
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Apply On-line: Go to http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for keyword “Account Executive”. Please include a cover letter with resume submissions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.