WQAD News 8 (Tribune Media) is Quad cities local ABC affiliate TV station and trusted local source for news, entertainment and sports programming. WQAD News 8 has an extensive portfolio of digital advertising solutions – including an exclusive local partnership with The Weather Channel.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Digital Sales Coordinator (DSC) to play a critical role responsible for scheduling digital ads, trafficking artwork; order entry, coordinating ad proof changes, resolving ad serving issues and supporting the advertising sales team and sales management team in achieving the digital revenue goals of the station for both local and national accounts. This position will work with vendors along with the digital sales department at Tribune Media in Chicago and our Ad Ops team to keep all campaigns running and informed of digital product updates and processes.
The winning candidate is a digital-minded, highly organized person looking to be part of a winning team. The primary duty of this position is to traffic all digital sales orders while monitoring and reporting results of each campaign from inception to completion. Once you have the administrative portion of this role down and have a firm understanding of our product offerings, you will develop digital advertising solutions and presentations for the AEs.
This full-time position will report to the Digital Sales Manager and responsibilities will include:
• Working knowledge of wide variety of digital products – display, rich media, native ads & branded content, social media ads, contesting, video advertising, targeted email, mobile advertising, and paid search.
• Work with our graphic designers to create all digital ads needed for campaigns and apply UTM codes to campaign URLs for tracking purposes.
• Creation and order entry of all Insertion Orders into variety of digital traffic systems.
• Maintaining and reporting results while continually optimizing campaigns; management of online inventory.
• Reconciliation of digital campaigns and billing for those campaigns; review & approve vendor invoices.
• Attend ongoing training webinars and participate in monthly digital sales coordinator calls to keep up on how to process orders, changes in ad platforms, and to learn what digital sales coordinators in other markets nationwide are doing and apply those winning tactics to your position.
• Attend weekly calls with our ad operations to ensure all campaigns are running smoothly.
• Assist sales team in development of proposals and advertising solutions and other duties.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressure.
• 1-3 years work experience in account service, customer service, media or agency; has completed some training and education in digital marketing products.
• College degree preferred; Media Industry experience preferred.
• Digital product knowledge: Display, Mobile, Email, Sponsored Content, Social, Video, SEM with strong desire to learn about updates to these products and whatever the next big thing will be!
• Preferred candidate proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word; previous work experience working with variety of digital traffic systems/platforms preferred – such as DFP, email platform, Second Street/U-Pickem contesting platform, write/place Facebook and Twitter ads, inventory look-ups, basic Google Analytics understanding.
• If you have desire to grow into a Digital Sales Account Executive-this position has the opportunity.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Kristine Topping, Digital Sales Manager at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at Kristine.Topping@wqad.com.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer