Are you just getting started in Broadcast TV, and need some challenging & rewarding work experience? Join the WQAD Production Department, and you will receive training on state-of-the-art equipment, and work with some of the most knowledgeable experts in the field! The WQAD Production Department is a proven leader with a prestigious history in the Quad City market, and is currently seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and motivated Director to enhance an already dynamic technical team! Expect to actively engage in a comprehensive training program designed to develop the next generation of broadcast Directors! You will master knowledge and skills that will equip you to meet the challenges and demands of the ever-changing broadcast field. If you can adapt to change quickly, think critically, seek innovative solutions, develop a vision & plan for projects, and inspire others, then hurry and apply today!
• Discuss content, scripting, sequencing, and technical issues with writers, producers, reporters, photographers, and editors. Develop a production plan for Live News Broadcasts.
• Organize & complete all necessary preproduction needs for daily broadcasts. Accurately code scripts with proper camera shots, microphones, video, and music commands using newsroom scripting software.
• Operate Ross Overdrive Automated Production Control system during live broadcasts, which includes robotic camera operation, manually adjusting automated audio controls, and navigating the program rundown.
• Communicate with various personnel during live broadcasts to ensure the accurate technical execution.
• Basic maintenance of studio sets, equipment, and lighting grid.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
The successful candidate will know or train on these skills:
• Ross Overdrive APC operation including: Ross Vision 2X video switcher, Robotic Cameras, Automated Audio, newsroom scripting software.
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and basic Graphic Design principles.
• Excellent written communication skills (including handwriting, keyboarding, grammar & spelling).
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly & calmly to unexpected program changes, equipment malfunctions, and Breaking news/severe weather coverage.
• Must have a valid Driver's License or be able to get one.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma is required. An Associate Degree and 1-year TV Production experience preferred.
This position requires active participation in the WQAD Production Training Program.
Good manual dexterity to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on the equipment. Good eyesight & hearing to monitor & adjust audio & video signals, and to interact effectively with Producers, on-air Personalities, and Live Field Crews. Headsets are used in communications.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY
Send a resume to Tom Maloney, Production Manager WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061, or you can e-mail him at [email protected].
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.