WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for a multi-tasker who can not only take on the role of MMJ but produce two days a week as well. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting and producing skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease.
If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
• Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Appear on camera as required for all platforms
• Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
• Produce a newscast 2 days per week
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years of MMJ experience
• Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply on-line at: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for Job ID #2019-49613
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.