WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist to join our news team. We are looking for an authentic, dynamic, engaging individual who can connect with an audience on all platforms and is a team player. The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, strong reporting skills and experience as a videographer and nonlinear editor along with the ability to tell memorable stories and ad lib with ease.
If you are a serious, smart journalist who wants to work in an innovative environment, is driven and self-sufficient, apply now!
• Shoot, edit, write and produce news stories including vo’s, vo/sot’s and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Appear on camera as required for all platforms
• Gather material on multiple stories per day – delivering content throughout the day on all platforms
• Evaluate news leads and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings; participate in the editorial process
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years of MMJ experience
• Proven track record delivering compelling and promotable stories
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Alan Baker, News Director, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at [email protected]
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.