Are you a “news junkie” with a passion for journalism and content creation? If so, WQAD News 8 has an immediate opening for a part-time producer.
As a key member of our online news team you will be contributing a variety of content to WQAD.com, associated digital platforms and social media. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, have natural curiosity, a passion for news, and the ability to tell a complete and understandable story using a variety of storytelling tools.
• Mine a wide variety of sources for relevant content. Select, research, write and produce original articles, videos and other viral content.
• Work independently and use solid judgement for content selection and priorities.
• Work under frequently tight deadlines and have the ability to react to breaking news situations quickly and accurately.
• Capture and edit images and video using Final Cut 10.
• Develop sources and review contributions from others for publication.
• Assist in reviewing digital analytics and metrics to help adjust our digital strategy as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate will be working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills, and a high level of creativity.
• The right candidate for this position will be available to work a variety of hours including overnights and weekends.
• Must have a working knowledge of editing on Final Cut Pro
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.wqad.com or send your resume to Katrina Lamansky (Executive Producer) email@example.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.