Are you just getting started in Broadcast TV, and need some challenging & rewarding work experience? Join the WQAD Production Department, and you will receive training on state-of-the-art equipment, and work with some of the most knowledgeable experts in the field! The WQAD Production Department is a proven leader with a prestigious history in the Quad City market, and is currently seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and motivated Production Assistant to enhance an already dynamic technical team! Expect to actively engage in a comprehensive training program designed to develop the next generation of broadcast Directors! You will master knowledge and skills that will equip you to meet the challenges and demands of the ever-changing broadcast field. If you can adapt to change quickly, think critically, seek innovative solutions, develop a vision & plan for projects, and inspire others, then hurry and apply today!
• Run TelePrompter for live broadcasts.
• Coordinate staging & microphones for live broadcasts & guest segments.
• Will assist Directors with any production related duties as assigned.
• Communicate with various personnel before & during live broadcasts.
• Basic maintenance of studio sets, equipment, and lighting grid.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Must have excellent written communication skills (including handwriting, keyboarding, grammar & spelling).
• Must have excellent oral communication skills.
• Must be able to make decisions and react quickly & calmly to unexpected program changes, equipment malfunctions, and Breaking News/Severe Weather coverage.
• Position requires driving
The successful candidate will train on these skills:
• Ross Overdrive APC operation including: Ross Vision 2X video switcher, Robotic Cameras, Automated Audio, newsroom scripting software.
• Photoshop, After Effects, and basic Graphic Design principles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• A High School diploma is required. An Associate Degree and 1-year TV Production experience preferred.
• This position requires active participation in the WQAD Production Training Program.
Good manual dexterity to operate the numerous small push buttons and rotary switches on equipment. Good eyesight & hearing. Headsets are used in communications.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Apply on-line at: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for Job ID #2019-49845.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.