POSITION SUMMARY (Scope & Purpose)
We are looking for a team member to join an already dynamic team. Do you have a thirst to go the extra mile to deliver great product? If so, we are interested in speaking to you about this opportunity.
- Edit accurate & compelling video
- Operate non-linear editing equipment
- Successfully meet multiple daily deadlines
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in editing
- Experience with non-linear editing equipment
- Journalistic knowledge to match appropriate video with the script
- Effective communication skills with Producers & other news staff
- Valid driver’s license
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience is preferred
Dexterity to operate keyboard & mouse for editing. The ability to hear and react quickly to director’s cues. The ability to review and edit quality stories.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Reporters, producers, photographers and management General public
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume and tape to Andy McKay, Chief Photographer, WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061. This may also be e-mailed to [email protected].
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
WQAD News 8, Licensee is an Equal Opportunity Employer