Join the WQAD Creative Services team. We have state-of-the art equipment which includes, Steady-cam, DSLR with stabilizer and multiple lenses, multiple Sony professional XD 320 camcorders, 3 go-pros with gimbles, 2 dji Osmos, multiple drones and the latest Adobe Cloud software. Additionally, we offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401k, etc.
You will get to conceptualize, write, videotape, and edit promotional announcements, commercials for station clients, and public service announcements for television and digital and social mediums. To create on-line ads for web and mobile. To strategically place news and programming promotion on daily broadcast schedules as to reach optimum numbers and kinds of viewers attracted to the programs on our station. This is not an entry level position, requires 3-5 years of experience.
• Work with clients and account executives to produce commercials and digital advertising
• Work with news, news director & creative services director to produce topical & image branded news promotion for on air and digital mediums
• Work with programming manager to produce local shows, and episodic promotion for syndicated programming
• Work with Art Director to create graphics and animations
• Work with marketing manager to produce public services announcements & station sponsored event promotion & contests
• Work with research manager and creative services director to affectively place promotion on logs so as to maximize reach and frequency goals for news and brand image promotion
• Operate professional and commercial cameras
• Use computers and editing software affectively
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires basic experience in editing software such as Final Cut, Avid , or Adobe products: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Knowledge of video cameras like Sony XDcam,
• Knowledge of DSLR cameras is not required but is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to conceptualize and generate creative copy and visual elements
• Willingness to self-train and seek new techniques of editing and photography
• Ability to be flexible, switch gears and re-organize quickly in a rapidly changing (news) environment
• Ability to work in teams
• Knowledge in use of Steadicam Scout and Steadicam Merlin not required but a plus
Requires physical dexterity in shoulders, wrists, hips and legs
Must have the ability to shoulder mount and carry a 13lb camera for long periods of time
Must be able to lift and carry 30-pounds of equipment over long distances and up and down stairs
News, sales, engineering and traffic departments
Commercial clients, advertising agencies, non-profit organizations
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Email your resume & links to your video portfolio to [email protected]
WQAD-TV is located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL 61265
Applications without portfolios will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will be required to take a creative writing test.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
WQAD-TV is owned and operated by Tribune Media.