Conceptualize, write, videotape, and edit promotional announcements, commercials for station clients, and public service announcements for television and digital and social mediums. To create on-line ads for web and mobile. To strategically place news and programming promotion on daily broadcast schedules as to reach optimum numbers and kinds of viewers attracted to the programs on our station.
• Work with clients and account executives to produce commercials and digital advertising
• Work with news, news director & creative services director to produce topical & image branded news promotion for on air and digital mediums
• Work with programming manager to produce local shows, and episodic promotion for syndicated programming
• Work with Art Director to create graphics and animations
• Work with marketing manager to produce public services announcements & station sponsored event promotion & contests
• Work with research manager and creative services director to affectively place promotion on logs so as to maximize reach and frequency goals for news and brand image promotion
• Operate professional and commercial cameras
• Use computers and editing software affectively
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Requires basic experience in editing software such as Final Cut, Avid , or Adobe products: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Knowledge of video cameras like Sony XDcam,
• Knowledge of DSLR cameras is not required but is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to conceptualize and generate creative copy and visual elements
• Willingness to self-train and seek new techniques of editing and photography
• Ability to be flexible, switch gears and re-organize quickly in a rapidly changing (news) environment
• Ability to work in teams
• Knowledge in use of Steadicam Scout and Steadicam Merlin not required but a plus
Requires physical dexterity in shoulders, wrists, hips and legs
Must have the ability to shoulder mount and carry a 13lb camera for long periods of time
Must be able to lift and carry 30-pounds of equipment over long distances and up and down stairs
News, sales, engineering and traffic departments
Commercial clients, advertising agencies, non-profit organizations
Apply on-line at: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for Job ID 2019-49846. MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO PORFOLIO OF CREATIVE WORK.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.