The primary focus of the Research/Marketing Coordinator is to assist in managing the station’s strategic marketing research and promotions projects, provide ratings and audience analysis for the station, assist in the development of sales in various advertiser categories, and contribute to the overall stations marketing and sales promotions effort. The position serves as a research/promotion consultant to the sales department and to the station’s clients in order to generate revenue for both, by (1) providing research data using tools such as Nielsen, Comscore, Wide Orbit Sales, Scarborough, Media Monitors and other appropriate research sources; (2) creating customized research presentations and highlighting WQAD’s programming and viewer strengths. (3) executing internal and external sales promotions.
• Analyze ratings and work quickly to communicate the successes of the station’s ratings, one-sheets, and lengthier research pieces as needed.
• Analyze the station’s ratings successes during the Sweeps periods and provide Book Breakout analysis.
• Package research and provide market/sales information for internal and external use.
• Provide programming and ratings support by maintaining the Ratings Programming/Estimates within Wide Orbit Sales.
• Support sales team by attending and participating in sales calls and client presentations when appropriate.
• Work with National Rep Firm Telerep when necessary to determine accurate ratings estimates based on historical ratings data.
• Work with external vendors and sales staff on yearly research survey to generate and analyze customized questionnaires for clients.
• Complete research requests using Scarborough and other marketing research sources.
• Has the ability to conceptualize, create and deliver high-impact multimedia sales promotions/presentations.
• Create customized digital and linear sales promotions.
• Work with all station departments as a sales liaison including, News, Station Promotions, GM and Creative Services.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree is preferred and/or 5+ years’ work experience.
• Must possess strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the television industry relevant to broadcast, cable and digital, including research terminology and methodology.
• Computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• Must be organized and detail oriented, with a positive attitude toward team member requests.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund, Director of Sales at WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visitwww.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.