WQAD, the ABC affiliate in Quad Cities, is seeking a Local Sales Assistant to support our sales team. As a Local Sales Assistant, you'll be responsible for working with the WQAD sales team and their clients to ensure successful Broadcast/Digital advertising campaigns. We're looking for candidates who can provide superior customer service to our clients and sales executives as well as understand the sense of urgency inherent in working in a broadcast industry sales organization. The position is best-suited for a well-organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor is essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who is able to maintain a high level of accuracy, excel in high pressure situations and desires career advancement in broadcast sales
• Assist the Local Sales Manager, with report generation and department work flow systems
• Data entry for ordering, processing and maintaining client advertising campaigns.
• Work directly with clients and sales team to provide detailed customer service and execution of integrated multi-platform marketing plans.
• Provide and communicate post analysis of campaign delivery to clients and sales team as needed.
• Create presentations, proposals and supportive marketing materials for sales department.
• Assist the sales effort with identifying prospects and qualifying opportunities to increase revenue.
• Basic administrative duties that support the sales department and overall station operations.
• Ability to learn proprietary and industry-specific software, such as Wide Orbit, TNS and Stowell. Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as basic math abilities.
• Candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Apply on-line at: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/ and search for Job ID #2019-49751
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching approximately 49 million households, national entertainment cable network WGN America, whose reach is more than 75 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 49 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM, the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV and Covers Media Group, an unrivaled source of online sports betting information. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
Tribune is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.