Acts as Traffic Coordinator for WQAD/ANTENNA/MyTV with responsibility for scheduling all elements of the station’s official log from sign on to sign off. This includes program timings, advertiser separation and commercial copy. Commercial copy includes scheduling appropriate agency ISCI codes, giving clients the proper rotation, sharing information with other in house channels, and maintaining materials in house for each channel.
- To manipulate non-program elements (commercials, public service announcements and promotions) to assist with formatting programs, adjust program timings and protect advertiser and product conflicts
- To organize, verify, and input program timings, snipes, and ratings information.
- To review pre-logged commercials to assure proper separation of products and spot placement.
- To time log for a 24 hour day: finalize and print logs releasing them to Engineering department for acceptance into our automation system.
- To interpret commercial copy instructions and input them into the Traffic computer system.
- To work with sales and sales assistants answering questions regarding commercials and copy rotations.
- To maintain commercial copy instructions/files/materials.
- To back up to inventory management.
- To review daily discrepancy reports.
- High School diploma (college preferred) or equivalent related experience.
- Ability to operate a computer preferably a broadcast system computer.
- One to two years’ experience in TV, radio or agency traffic departments preferred.
Acts within the Company policy and applicable federal, state and local legislation to do whatever is necessary to appropriately schedule commercial copy rotations and to input all information into the broadcast management computer for accurate record keeping and invoicing.
Answers given to agency clients, account executives and viewers will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction. An on-air discrepancy of a commercial could result in the loss of revenue, a payment to an agency, or reduced customer satisfaction.
Requires general supervision from the Traffic Manager. Daily contact within the Traffic Department, along with daily interaction with the Sales, Engineering, and Creative Services Departments along with multiple outside advertising clients and sales rep firms.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume to Dan Englund
Local Sales Manager at WQAD-TV
3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061
Or e-mail at email@example.com.
Tribune Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer