This is a Temporary role that supports nonlinear distribution initiatives for AMC, IFC, SundanceTV, and WE tv.
The Analyst, Media Preparation & Delivery is responsible for executing assigned tasks to ensure that content is accessible on all Ad Sales and Affiliate supported platforms for set top box Video On Demand (VOD) and TV Everywhere (TVE). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: ensuring video, metadata and artwork are compliant with AMC Networks (AMCN) technical specifications and FCC closed-captioning requirements. In addition, the position provides day to day support for the Technical Operations Supervisor (TOS), inclusive of assistance with accurate handoff of all non-linear traffic regarding promo and advertising spots and any other additional workflow and operational reporting and procedural needs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver AMC Networks content to partners on time and to the required technical specifications.
- Ingest tapes and/or manage digital media.
- Transcode content for distribution on VOD and TVE.
- Perform quality control checks of video content in conjunction with preparation for successful execution of dynamic ad insertion (DAI) for partner platforms.
- Collaborate with network Media Planning and Ad Sales teams to receive traffic instructions to be used for creation of all ad-supported non-linear program assets.
- Utilize task management system to track life cycle of asset from preparation to delivery.
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- Ability to work evenings preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Knowledge of transcoding methods and working with Vantage.
- Experience with asset management and data storage systems.
- Minimum 1-year relevant television experience.
- Knowledge of AMC Networks programming.
- Experience with editing/altering metadata and/or Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Excellent skills in working both independently and within a team setting.
- Ability to quickly learn a wide array of tasks.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Basic understanding of video and audio standards and encoding formats
- Capable of handling high volume workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work nights, holiday and weekends
- Must be able to light 25 pounds
- Other duties as assigned