Full time- regular
WVIZ/PBS ideastream, Cleveland’s Public TV station, is seeking a Master Control Technician. The Technician must assure programming is broadcast on schedule and in accordance with quality standards. Also performs all tape room functions.
- Sample Duties include:
- Program/monitor automation systems for a multi-channel television operation; assure all programs are cued and broadcast on time.
- Assure all programs are available to the automation systems on a timely basis
- Monitor EAS and Perform EAS procedures in accordance with FCC regulations; run weather or special crawls as required. Monitor on air signal at all times; correct problems or seek technical assistance.
- Read electronic scopes and adjust signal as required.
- Maintain updated knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
Knowledge of basic electronics (audio/visual scopes). Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations. Demonstrated ability to operate required video/audio equipment. Computer literacy, experience operating windows applications. Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills. Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to react quickly and accurately in a fast paced “live” environment.
Experience in broadcast operations very helpful.
Associate’s Degree or Technical Training in video production/engineering technology or equivalent experience.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices. Physical ability for fine motor manipulation of instruments.
For more information go to www.ideastream.org/careers and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.