ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s Public Media Organization located in Playhouse Square is looking for a Communications Specialist.
This role will have the primary focus of creating the ideastream program guide, a monthly printed publication distributed to all ideastream members. The successful candidate will oversee the creation of the monthly guides and support ideastream with additional content and graphic design of external communication efforts. Secondary priorities will include monthly station email newsletters.
- Understanding of graphic design and production to format, edit and source content (text and images) for monthly station program guides and promotional materials.
- Ability to create and resize various print and digital ads often using existing templates and design specifications, with some original elements.
- Strong writing and editing expertise to research, write, and coordinate creation and distribution of promotional materials including program guides, e-newsletters, advertising, web content and other communications with an accurate and consistent presentation to targeted distribution points as assigned.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign and other Creative Suite programs. Familiarity with email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact and general understanding of email marketing best practices.
- Experience in web-based promotion, including, but not limited to the effective use of social media and email marketing to achieve promotional/communications goals.
- Acute attention to detail and strong proofreading skills. Demonstrated enthusiasm for excellence and creativity. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- 2-3 years of experience in writing assignments for a public relations, media relations, journalism, advertising or in-house communications department preferred.
- Template-based design and production experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or similar or equivalent experience required.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a change in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter