Primary accountability for managing WVIZ/PBS, WCPN, and WCLV ideastream engineering operations processes of broadcast, production, operation and maintenance, and design/maintain operational workflows.
- Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Direct and manage staff: select, hire, train, coach, counsel and assure performance and morale
- Responsible for engineering operations and logistics.
- Acts as liaison between WVIZ/PBS, WCPN and WCLV.
- Responsibility of knowledge of systems and communications.
- Liaison between content creators and engineering.
- Establish and implements department goals annually to meet organization’s strategic objectives.
- Manages radio engineering teams
- Coordinates events for all 4 platforms involving technology staff
- Assure that Capital Inventory is accurately maintained.
- Maintains schedules for maintenance/support contracts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- High level of communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of technologies of television, radio, audio, broadcast automation, and operations
- Knowledge of general FCC rules and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of project management
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and competencies.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate a variety of activities.
- General management skills in budgeting, planning, and personnel supervision.
Seasoned level of experience in broadcast engineering operations
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering; or ten years broadcast engineering experience and supervision.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices. Physical ability to walk, climb on ladders, lift up to 50 pounds of weight
For more information go to www.ideastream.org/careers and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.