ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s innovative Public Media organization has a job available
Host/Producer: Morning Edition
ideastream is seeking an experienced Host/Producer for Morning Edition on WCPN. The successful candidate will have skills and style to appeal to a diverse audience and expand value to our communities. Northeast Ohio is a resurgent, dynamic region with a diverse population, engaged in new opportunities while valuing its unique history.
The role is for an experienced journalist with experience hosting and producing radio and multiple media programming. The successful candidate must have:
- Experience performing on-air (radio or TV) hosting duties with a style that is credible, conversational and polished.
- Must be a strong writer and interviewer with demonstrated news judgment.
- Moderate experience as a full-time journalist in broadcasting.
- Ability to contribute story ideas and prepare material for broadcast, podcasts and web content.
- Experience conducting relevant, thoughtful live and pre-taped, in-depth interviews with newsmakers, news analysts, experts and other people of interest to the public broadcasting audience.
- Skills in writing newscasts based on ideastream newsroom reporting, wire copy and other sources. Write promos, teases and intros to reports and interviews.
- Response to breaking news and tight deadlines quickly and professionally.
- Knowledge of audio editing software preferable. Familiarity with public radio journalism a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Prefer experience hosting NPR’s Morning Edition
- Graduate of the Morning Edition Graduate School (MEGS) workshop a definite plus
If you fit this profile and are looking for the next big move in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.
The mission of ideastream is to strengthen our communities...
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter