Reports to: Supervising Producer
ideastream®, Northeast Ohio’s Public Media organization, has an exciting opportunity for a Producer to work on a team producing a daily program about community issues for both radio and television. ideastream is seeking curious people to join our staff to create content designed to appeal to diverse audiences and expand value to our communities. Northeast Ohio is a resurgent, dynamic region with a diverse population, engaged in new opportunities while valuing its unique history.
Duties include generating ideas, booking guests, researching topics and stories, writing scripts, producing both in the field and in studio. Experience with non-linear audio and video editing and posting content on web/social media is desired. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of critical community issues, trends and leadership, plus be a creative storyteller.
- 1. Qualifications include:
- Moderate level of experience producing high quality, high impact journalistic shows of varying lengths on different platforms.
- Meeting daily deadlines and adept at making changes to scripts, segments and guests in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience practicing sound journalist standards and judgement.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
- Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
- Intellectual curiosity about the community and the world around us.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
ideastream is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities and persons who are physically challenged or with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We value diversity in our workplace.
For a full job description and to apply go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the job Title.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter