Want to work in TV Broadcast Engineering and provide a valuable service to your community too? WVIZ/PBS ideastream, Cleveland’s Public TV station, is seeking an experienced engineer to be part of the team that supports the technology and systems within the Idea Center broadcast facility and the associated transmitter sites. The successful candidate will have skills in both traditional TV Broadcast technologies as well as file-based IT centric systems. There is one full time and a part-time (fewer than 20 hours per week) position available.
The role is for an experienced Broadcast Engineer. The successful candidate must have:
- Experience installing and supporting broadcast systems and equipment
- Experience as a television production engineer, including operating audio consoles and camera shading.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot IT based systems.
- Ability to maintain operations to FCC rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, certification from a Technical Program, or at least 4+ years of equivalent experience. Society of Broadcast Engineers CBNT certification preferred
- Experience with digital asset management systems a plus
- Experience with video and audio editing software and editing storage area networks (SAN) systems preferred
- Ability to work in a 24/7 on-call environment
For more information go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.