Ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s innovative public service organization is in need of a competent TV Studio Supervisor/Producer. The ideal candidate will be able to create high quality multiple media content, projects and events. This candidate will manage the ideastream studio facilities, supervise freelance production crew, and be responsible for studio lighting including design, inventory, plots and maintenance. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills and experience organizing and coordinating projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
- Serve as studio and field production crew leader in television production activities.
- Coordinate studio production staff and collaborate with engineering and technology team to achieve excellence in craftwork and efficient use of facilities, equipment and personnel.
- Ensure that all Idea Center studio facilities are properly maintained.
- Design and execute lighting plots for studio productions. Lead Production Crew in the positioning, hanging, focusing and programming of lighting fixtures and the lighting board.
- Train television technical production staff.
- Assist Production Manager in the scheduling of all production facilities as well as full and part-time production personnel.
- Skills and specific knowledge of and aptitude in television lighting, studio management, videography and editing.
- Demonstrated creative ability across a broad range of production jobs. Demonstrated supervisory, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral/written communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in supporting content creation for cross platform content with quick turnaround and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines. General business know-how including creating, managing and tracking budgets.
- A moderate level of experience in television production, especially television lighting,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
To view a full job description and to apply go to www.ideastream.org/careers
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Diversity is one of our core values