The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Businessweek is a global source of essential business insight that inspires leaders to turn ideas into action. Through content, context and teamwork, Bloomberg Businessweek moderates global conversations and moves business professionals forward. Founded in 1929, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine is the market leader, with more than 4.7 million readers each week in 140 countries.
Bloomberg Businessweek is looking for a creative, talented and technically versatile designer to work in a dynamic busy weekly magazine. You will be responsible for bringing nuanced storytelling to shorter news sections, in depth features, and special projects. Working out of our New York newsroom, the role will include weekly print responsibilities but the focus will be on digital presentations, from design to programming.
We'll trust you to:
- Art direct and design across print and digital platforms
- Build idea-driven visuals to bring clarity and breadth to stories
- Design and code unique digital experiences for features and special issues
- Adapt and carry through digital treatments to social media
- Be able to mock up ideas quickly and present them to the team
- Quickly react to editorial feedback
- Close collaborate with graphics, photo
- Attention to detail in design in print and web
You'll need to have:
- BA in the visual arts or relevant work experience
- An eye for editorial UX design
- Minimum of 3-years design experience. Digital editorial experience is preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.