The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders. The segment producer will produce newsmaker and compelling guest interviews, taped segments, and help produce in the control room.
You will work with the Bloomberg Television and Radio show teams to conceive of and execute enterprising segments for TV, Radio and all digital platforms. The ability to creatively use video and graphics is required. A strong rolodex and established relationships with business world guest speakers and experts is preferred. You will have a deep understanding, experience and knowledge of financial and business news, and a minimum of three years industry experience. You thrive under the pressure of deadlines and breaking news. This position requires flexible hours to accommodate production schedules.
We’ll trust you to:
- Produce compelling daily live segments for television and radio
- Pitch, research, write and edit stories for multiple platforms
- Book expert guests for television and radio and help raise the bar for guest quality
- Create and handle all graphical and production elements for broadcast
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of recent and relevant business news producing
- Experience working in a live TV news environment
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills, and be able to creatively use video and graphics
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
- Flexibility with hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.