Bloomberg Media is looking for a site editor to help launch and run a new digital media property focused on the largest global challenges in the New Economy -- the rising powers and technologies shaping the planet. You should have a good grasp of geopolitics and economics, and understand the interplay between the two. Above all, you must understand the power of narrative.
The ideal candidate is an experienced performer in a digital newsroom; she or he is someone who is comfortable with making lots of decisions very quickly and who understands the tools, trends, platforms, and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories on the web. The job requires a commitment to the best journalistic practices, impeccable judgment under fire, great taste, and a willingness to take risks.
As our site editor, we’ll trust you to:
- Oversee the content direction and distribution strategy of a new digital property focused on major global socioeconomic challenges. In particular, you will:
- Work with the newsroom on coverage related to the 'New Economy' that can be featured and curated for a digital audience
- Work with government and business leaders, experts and other newsmakers affiliated with Bloomberg Media to produce guest columns and op-eds
- Coordinate the creation of video features and data visualizations on topics related to the 'New Economy'
- Manage digital production, including homepage and app curation as well as breaking news alerts across platforms
- Manage social media presence for the new property across a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others
We'll need you to have:
- 5+ years as a journalist at a top tier digital publisher, with some editing experience
- A strong understanding of the tools, trends, platforms and processes behind the most modern strategies for telling stories - both text and video - on digital
- Expertise in social tools, analytics, paid social media, content strategies, and platforms (both user facing and editorial / analytical)
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills with an ability to create project plans and manage through seamless execution
- Strong writing, editorial and video production skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Does this sound like you? Apply via our careers website