Bloomberg is seeking a smart, news-savvy Social Curator to manage content distribution and audience growth for TicToc, Bloomberg’s 24/7 global news network on Twitter. You will be joining our weekend team, working a Wednesday to Sunday schedule. You must have a remarkable ability to distill a 150 - 300 word story down to a single captivating sentence, engaging the reader and persuading them to view, click, RT, like and/or comment.
An ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment is a must. This person should have experience managing social platforms, curating top news stories, writing for social and managing promoted campaigns. The right candidate is obsessed with social media and understands how to best tell a story on each platform, utilizing Moments, threads, Instagram stories, Facebook Live, etc. A passion for analytics and ability to use data to make informed decisions about what's working and what's not working is key, as well as experience using social tools like SocialFlow and CrowdTangle.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage TicToc’s social media accounts, primarily @tictoc on Twitter
- Identify and monitor the top global stories
- Cover breaking news and live events
- Curate the social conversation around a story
- Work with the video editors and producers to help publish videos optimized for social engagement
- Build growth and engagement strategies
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform.
You need to have:
- Proven experience as a social media editor, preferably in a digital news environment. Experience covering breaking news is a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, politics, and technology.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions.
This is a weekend position. You will work Wednesday-Sunday with a dedicated team.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! if you think we’re a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.