The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg is looking for an overnight TV Operations, Team Lead who thrives in a dynamic, high-energy environment. You will have a deep understanding of control room operations, and have the ability to lead a crew efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for guiding a group of employees throughout a 24-hour news cycle. You will collaborate with members of editorial, operations, and other departments within Bloomberg Media to complete project deadlines by delegating tasks to their team members, including themselves. You will provide guidance and leadership while also leading through example. Strong communication skills are a must. You will be responsible for scheduling a 24-hour crew, providing regular feedback, and evaluating the performance of their team.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the broadcast objectives of Bloomberg Television from a technical perspective.
- Schedule the correct people in the correct roles to ensure the strongest possible technical team.
- Develop the long-term career goals of broadcast operations team members.
- Ensure that the broadcast operations team can effectively meet the news needs of the day.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional broadcast/cable live television
- Clear and effective communicator
- Willingness and ability to collaborate
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work overnight hours and early AM hours, as well as weekends and holidays
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter